When you serve your children some delicious chicken nuggets or you have those, have you ever thought whether these are healthy for you or not? May be those are branded, but certain dangers of eating chicken nuggets are still there.
If you buy the fried ones, you don’t know about the ingredients and oil. There are certain nuggets that are processed. You just need to fry those at home. These are also not free from side effects.
Why chicken nuggets are bad for health? You can get a perfect answer to this question, if you know the ingredients used in the making of this food.
The most important component of chicken nuggets is chicken, obviously. The top-ranked food production chains claim that they use only meat from chicken breast to make these nuggets. What about the other components?
The nuggets making companies use TBHQ, GMO Corn, Autolysed Yeast Extract with MSG, Dimethyl Polysiloxane Anti-foaming Agent, Sodium, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Sugar and Bleached Wheat.
The effects of these products are unknown to maximum people. Hence, how can you avoid the dangers of eating chicken nuggets? Therefore, before consuming them, you should know why chicken nuggets are bad for health.
Read on to go through how these ingredients can hamper your health, if you rely on this as your daily food.
1. Effects Of Hydrogenated Soybean Oil: What are the dangers of eating chicken nuggets? This oil basically contains trans fats, which can be the reason for obesity.
Besides, this oil is responsible for any kind of heart diseases, along with inflammation in your body.
2. Side Effects Of Sugar: It is used in nuggets in the form of dextrose. Too much consumption can store fat in your body. Fat deposit is needed, as it is the fuel for your body, but excessive fat can only lead to disasters.
Also, people with diabetes must avoid this food, as the sugar can cause hyperglycaemia and nothing else.
3. Too Much Sodium Is Bad: You’ll realise why chicken nuggets are bad for health, if you know the amount of sodium in this food. 10 nuggets contain about 1000 mg of sodium, whereas a person needs only 2000 to 3000 mg of sodium per day.
As there is no potassium in nuggets to balance sodium, your blood pressure can cross the danger level.
4. Bleached Wheat: If you make chicken nuggets at home, you use gluten-free flour, which is not bad for your health. But, the market-made nuggets are made of bleached wheat where gluten is the important component.
This raises your blood sugar level. Now, do you get why chicken nuggets are bad for health?
5. TBHQ And Dimethylpolysiloxane: TBHQ is a petroleum-based product. It can cause cellular mutation, liver damage, damages to the reproductive system, biochemical changes, etc. You’ll get a shock to hear about the latter element.
This silicone-based product is used in making cosmetics and as fillers in breast implants. So, how can these be good for eating?
These are the reasons why chicken nuggets are bad for health. Agreed, the food tastes yummy. But, too much consumption can create health problems in you. Also, keep your children away from these types of junk foods, as they are more prone to any kind of diseases.
Subscribe to Boldsky