Mushroom fried rice is an amazing vegetarian fried rice recipe. Mushrooms are a rich source of protein and hence ideal to consume. This is a low calorie fried rice recipe that can even be relished by dieters. Some spices like cardamom, cinnamon and cloves are used to add to the delicate and subtle flavours in the mushroom fried rice. You need to choose the right variety of mushrooms for this fried rice recipe. It is better if you have button mushrooms for the preparation of this rice recipe.
Mushroom fried rice is an ideal main course recipe that can be prepared in no time. This rice recipe is highly relished by all. Try making mushroom fried rice with the help of this recipe.
Preparation Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Basmati Rice- 500grams
- Cardamom- 2
- Cinnamon- 2-3
- Cloves- 2-3
- Onions- 1 (finely sliced)
- Red Bell Peppers- 1 (finely chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (finely chopped)
- Soy Sauce- 2-3tbsp
- Button Mushrooms- 2 cups (slit from between)
- Ajinomoto- 1tsp
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Vegetable Oil- 5-6tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Boil the rice in a pan on the gas oven over a high flame. Drain the extra water and keep it aside.
- Now take another deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add vegetable oil to it. Let it get heated over a medium flame.
- Lower the flame now and add the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves to it. Stir for a minute over a low flame and then add the onions.
- Saute the onions over a low flame for 1-2 minutes till they turn golden brown. Add the red bell peppers and capsicum to it then.
- Stir all the ingredients in the pan for 2-3 minutes over a low flame. Add the soy sauce and saute for a minute.
- Now add the mushrooms, ajinomoto, sugar and some salt to the pan. Stir it well for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Take the rice and add it to the same frying pan. Stir and mix it well with all the other ingredients. Keep stirring the ingredients for 2-3 minutes over a low flame and then turn off the gas oven.
Serve the mushroom fried rice hot with any other gravy preparation.