Italian is one of the healthiest and most popular cuisines in the world. From pizzas to pastas, every foodie loves to have a bite of Italian cuisine once in a week. Simple Italian food can be made with a variety of ingredients. You can simply add cheese to make the dishes more tasty and lip smacking. If you are a pasta lover, you must have had pasta with white or red sauce. A few changes in the red tomato sauce pasta can help you try a new Italian recipe. Lets check out the exceptional tomato pasta recipe.
Tomato pasta recipe:
Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
- Pasta- 1 packet (750gms)
- Garlic- 7-8 cloves (chopped)
- Onion- 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum- 1 (chopped)
- Tomato- 1½ (chopped)
- Green chillies- 3-4 (minced)
- Oregano- 1tsp
- Chilli flakes- 2tsp
- Tomato puree- ½ cup
- Black pepper- 2-3 tsp (grounded)
- Cheese- 4-6tbsp (grated)
- Sugar- 1tsp
- Wash pasta and clean it. Now boil it in water. Add few drops of oil to prevent the pasta pieces from sticking. And sprinkle a tablespoon of salt. Strain the pasta and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a big pan. Add onion, capsicum and garlic to it. Fry till the vegetables become tender soft and turn light brown.
- Now add the green chillies, salt, sugar, grounded black pepper and tomato. Cook on medium flame for 2 minutes so that the tomato pieces become soft. Now and tomato puree. Stir well for 1 minute and then add oregano, chilli flakes, sugar and little water (if required). And cook for few minutes till the gravy thickens.
- Add the boiled pasta in the pan and mix rest of the ingredients in it. See that the colour of tomato puree is absorbed by the pasta pieces. Take the pan off flame.
Tomato pasta is ready to eat! Garnish with grated cheese and serve it hot.