Pakoras are a tasty fried snack that is very famous in India. This evening snack is highly enjoyed with a cup of tea. Pakoras at home or in street stalls are best served with a cup of masala chai. You can have vegetable pakora, plain pakora or even add different ingredients like chicken, kheema, paneer etc.
Soybeans are a healthy diet food that has many benefits. This legume is packed with proteins, nutrients and vitamins that are required by the body. It prevents cancer, protects the heart, improves digestion and strengthens bones to name a few. You can easily make soybean pakora and enjoy this healthy evening snack sometimes. Pakoras are deep fried and can burn the proteins and nutrients of soybeans. Moreover, they are deep fried in oil so it is a fatty snack. But, sometimes you can have this dish to satisfy your taste buds. Lets check out the soybean pakora recipe.
Soybean pakora recipe:
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Soybean- 100 gms
- Onion- 2 (chopped)
- Potatoes- 3 (boiled and mashed)
- Green chillies- 3 (chopped)
- Bengal gram/besan- 2 cups
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Ajwain- 1tsp
- Coriander seeds- 1tsp
- Black sesame seeds/kala til- ½ tsp
- Baking soda- a pinch
- Salt- as per taste
- Water- 2 cups
- Oil- 2 cups
- Soak soybean in hot water for 8-10 minutes. This softens them.
- In a bowl, add besan(bengal gram), ajwain, red chilli powder, salt, kala til (black sesame seeds), baking soda, coriander seeds and mix.
- Now add soybean, onions, green chillies and potatoes. Mix well with a spoon and slowly pour in water to make a semi-liquid pakora paste.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed frying pan. When the oil becomes hot, slowly add a few pakora balls. Deep fry them till they become golden brown in colour and look crisp. Repeat till the mix gets over.
Soybean pakoras are ready to eat. Serve them hot with coriander chutney or tomato sauce. You can also mix coriander chutney with tamarind chutney. The sweet and spicy chutney will be a great combo with this evening snack.
Read in Hindi. Click here