Late night movies would be dull without the flavored crunchy popcorns. Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to make popcorn at home. Use these tip and start munching home made popcorns made by traditional method.
- Coat enough oil to cover the bottom of a saucepan with about 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil. Make sure it's not too little that the popcorn might burn and not too much that it will be too greasy.
- Keep the flame to medium heat.
- Add properly measured amount of popcorn when the oil is hot. Place the lid on the saucepan.
- Leave if for few seconds until the kernels cook. Shake the saucepan occasionally to stop the popcorn from burning.
- When the popping slows remove pan from the burner.
- Pour the popcorn in a bowl and add salt or butter according to your taste. For making Mexican popcorn, use 1 tsp. of chilli pepper and 1 tsp. of oregano melted in your butter.
Low calorie popcorn is ready for munching. Popcorn is a good source of carbohydrate energy and fiber. One cup of plain popcorn equals about 30 calories and lightly buttered popcorn has about 130. To keep it fresh for long do not leave it out in the air, keep it in the popper or bag instead.