Egg dosa is a special dosa recipe for non vegetarians. The egg dosa is a combination of fried eggs and a dosa recipe. If you are bored of the same old breakfast recipes like normal masala dosa or omelette, then you should certainly try this innovative recipe. When you make egg dosa, you not need chutney or sambar with it. You can have this dosa with sauce because it has fried eggs in it.
You can experiment with this dosa recipe by adding different spices to it. Salt and pepper is are the standard requirements for making egg dosa. But you can innovate by adding chilli flakes, oregano and thyme.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Onion- 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Eggs- 4 (beaten)
- Dosa batter- 1 bowl (200 grams)
- Ghee or Vegetable Oil- 2tbsp
- Pepper- 1tsp
- Oregano- 1/2tsp (optional)
- Salt- As per taste
1. Beat the eggs properly. Add onions and green chillies to it. You must also add a bit of salt to this mixture.
2. Heat a flat non-stick pan on the gas oven. When it starts steaming, add 1tbsp ghee or oil to it. Spread out the ghee or oil evenly over the pan by tilting it.
3. Now roll out dosa batter on the the normal way while your gas oven is on medium flame. Pour the a scoop of batter and spread it out in uniform circular motion.
4. Wait for a minute and add another tablespoon of ghee or oil on top of the dosa.
5. Pour the 2tbsp of the beaten egg mixture on the dosa on the pan.
6. Wait for 30 seconds and flip it. Let this side cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
7. Turn of the flame and sprinkle pepper on it. You can also add oregano or chilli flakes to it if you want.
Serve egg dosa with a blob of tomato or chilli sauce.