When you read masala fish, you start forming an image of a red coloured gravy or a deep fried fish fillet. But we have something quite different here. Grilled masala fish is a perfect blend of Indian and continental cooking styles. This grilled fish recipe uses a dash of zesty Indian spices. That makes the flavour grilled masala fish totally Indian.
However, it is a grilled fish recipe. Usually, grilled snack recipes are cooked in the continental style. So, grilled masala fish is a very delicious snack to have in the evening or when you are just back from office. The best part about this grilled snacks is that it cooks in just 30 minutes. Grilled masala fish can be made with any fish of your choice. However, we have used pomfret fillets to make this grilled snack here.
The marination time for this grilled fish recipe will depend on how much time you have in your hands. It can vary from 10 minutes to an hour.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Pomfret fish fillets- 4
- Ginger garlic paste- 2tbsp
- Cumin powder- 1tsp
- Red chilli powder- 1tsp
- Coriander powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric- 1 pinch
- Ajwain or carom seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice- 2tbsp
- Oil- 1tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Coriander leaves- 2 sprigs (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Now wash the fish fillets and pat them dry. Run salt and turmeric powder on the fillets.
- Mix red chilli, coriander and cumin powder with the ginger garlic paste.
- Layer the fish fillets with the ginger garlic paste.
- Sprinkle ajwain seeds and lemon juice on the marinated fish. Leave aside for ten minutes.
- Now brush the marinated fish fillets with oil and place them on the grilling rack.
- Grill the fish on 60 per cent powder for around 15 to 20 minutes.
- Keep turning the pieces to ensure uniform cooking.
When the grilled masala fish fillets are ready, garnish them with chopped coriander leaves and start munching!