Stir fried prawns can be a healthy recipe if you desist from using too much oil in it. The traditional recipe is supposed to have prawns dripped in oil. But, you can alter it to match your modern, health conscious sensibilities.
Ingredients For Masala:
- Poppy seeds 2 tbsp
- Coriander seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Cloves 5
- Pepper corns 5
- Cardamom pods 2
- Cinnamon stick 1 inch
Ingredients For Royyala Vepudu :
- Prawns 15 (shelled and de-veined)
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Turmeric power 1tsp
- Red chilli powder 1tsp
- Curry leaves 10
- Coconut oil 2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Procedure For Royyala Vepudu :
1.Marinate the prawns with red chilli and turmeric powder for half an hour.
2. Boil water with salt and boil the prawns in it for 5 minutes on low flame.
3. Strain the water and keep the prawns aside.
4. Roast all the ingredients of the masala on a dry pan for 3-4 minutes.
5. When it cools off, grind it into a paste.
6. Now heat oil in a pan. If you do not want coconut oil, you can use any other vegetable oil.
7. Season the oil with curry leaves. Then add the prawns to the pan.
8. Cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes. Add the ginger garlic paste after the prawns turn golden.
9. Cook the prawns with paste for another 2 to 3 minutes. Add the dry masala to the pan.
10. You can also add a dash of red chilli powder and salt to it.
11. Cook the masala for 4 to 5 minutes on low flame until oil starts oozing from it.
Royyala Vepudu is ready to eat. Enjoy with pappu (dal) and rice.