Street Chinese is what we all love much more than the authentic dim sums and soups that we get in posh restaurants. This is because, we get the mix of Indian Chinese spices only out on the streets. An excellent example of this cultural potpourri is the Chinese prawn pakora. Now pakora recipes are traditionally Indian. This particular prawn recipe combines the spices used in a Chinese recipe with the cooking method of a pakora recipe.
The Chinese prawn pakora is a high calorie snack. It is a deep fried prawn recipe that is dripped in oil and spices. So, do not delude yourself into a health conscious stupor. The ingredients used in this prawn recipe are absolutely gettable.
Ingredients For Prawn Pakora:
- Prawns 10 (shelled and de-veined) medium
- Onion 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic 6 cloves (minced)
- Onion greens 6 stalks (chopped)
- Green chillies 3 (chopped)
- Vinegar 1 tbsp
- Szechuan sauce 1 tbsp
- Corn flour 1 cup
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Oil 3 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
Procedure For Chinese Prawn Pakora:
1. Marinate the prawns with vinegar and salt. Leave it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Chop the prawns into small pieces and mix with chopped onions, garlic, onion greens and green chillies.
3. In a separate mixing bowl add corn flour, Szechuan sauce, salt and pepper.
4. Add a little bit of water at a time and knead it into a thick batter.
5. Now pour the prawns and vegetables into the batter and mix it uniformly.
6. Pick up about 10 grams of the batter mix at a time and shape it roughly into a circular shape.
7. Heat oil in a pan and when it crackles, add the raw pakoras to it. Once they take shape, lower the flame and cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Serve these Prawn Pakoras as a Chinese snack with soy or Szechuan sauce dip.