The cause of dandruff is not because of dryness but due to the excessive oily nature of skin. The flakes are itchy, turn red and look like rashes. The overgrowth of the yeast called malassezia cause dandruff in extreme cold temperatures. This face dandruff is called bad dandruff as it not only affects skin but also scalp.
Common Points Of Face Dandruff:
1. Eyebrows, ear canals, behind the ears and nose
2. Can also be the cause of dandruff on armpits, chest and groin.
Face Dandruff Remedies:
1. Terbinafine is generally recommended for face dandruff. Some oral immunomodulators like tacrolimus and pimecrolimus is also prescribed by doctors.
1. To a cup of curd, add soaked fenugreek, neem powder and pinch of turmeric. The coarsely ground mixture is applied all over face, hair and scalp. After an hour's time, rinse scalp and face with luke warm water.
2. You can also try this hot oil treatment. A cup containing coconut oil, olive oil, turmeric, curry leaves and neem powder are mixed well and refrigerated overnight. During the time of application, warm the oil paste and apply all over face, neck and scalp. The antibacterial and antifungal properties will take care of the infection and clear dryness.
Neem is excellent home remedy for yeast and fungal infections. Just bathing with soap containing neem extracts will take care of all the dry skin problems.
Subscribe to Boldsky