Going for steaming is one of the best ways to refresh your skin and open the skin cells. Facial steaming has both beauty and health benefits. Steaming your face is inexpensive and can be done at any time of the day. All you need to do is treat your skin with some steamy air.
What is face steaming?
It is a method in which you let your face absorb steam for few minutes. You either use a steamer to steam your face or just fill a bucket with hot water and take steam directly through it covering your face with towel.
How face steaming benefits you?
- It is one of the easiest beauty method to cleanse your skin. When you steam your face, the hot steam takes out dead skin, opens skin cells and let them breathe. All the dirt that stick on the face comes out through this process.
- One of the beauty benefits of face steaming is, it helps get rid of black and white heads. Just steam your face for 5-10 minutes and then use a scrub on the white and black heads. They will come out easily and you will get a clean and clear face with minimal efforts. Steaming softens the blackheads and makes it easy to take out from the follicle.
- Face steaming helps cure acne. When you steam your face, the sebaceous glands inside the skin secrete sebum (a natural skin oil). This sebum moisturises the skin, but when it is trapped inside the skin follicle and gets filled with dirt or toxins, acne breaks out. Thus, face steaming benefits in treating acne as it unclogs the pores so that sebum flows in the skin and cleanses out impurities.
- Another skin benefit of face steaming is that it helps fight ageing. With the growing age, the dead skin doesn't come out thus making you look dull and old. Steaming your face is good as it moistens the face, treats dry skin, tightens the skin, fights ageing and removes dead skin.
- If you have got a pimple, steam your face for 4-5 minutes. After taking the hot steam, relax for 30 minutes and then apply a chilled ice cube. Hot steam breaks out the pus from the pimple and the ice cubes helps suppress the pimple break out. It is one of the best ways to get rid of pimple in one day!
- When you steam your face, you perspire. This perspiration helps cleanse the skin. It takes away dead skin, opens pores, cleanses the skin form dirt and lets your skin pores breathe. This increases circulation in the face. Increase in circulation helps get a glowing and shiny face.
These are few beauty benefits of face steaming. It is inexpensive, portable and can be used any time! So, what are you waiting for? Just start enjoying the good benefits of face steam. You can also steam your hair or go for a steam bath. Steam has benefits on body as well as hair.
Read in Hindi. Click here