In today's polluted environment, your hair needs special care. Not only the pollution and dirt present in the air but also continuous work related tensions and many other things take a toll on your hair health. As many hair related problems like hair fall, dandruff and baldness are proliferating, women prefer to have short hair nowadays. But this is not the solution.
As you know that long and especially healthy hair, add to your beauty, so why don't you be a little careful and get lovely bouncy hair. We know, it's a busy life but you can pamper yourself and your hair at least once a week. We are showing you an easy way today. Try homemade shikakai shampoo; don't worry, we are not asking you to buy expensive products and waste too much of your time.
What do you need to make shikakai shampoo?
- Shikakai - 1/2 kg
- Fenugreek (methi) - 1/4 kg,
- Greem gram - 1/4 kg
- Curry leaves - 1 bunch
- Tulsi leaves - 1 bunch
- Reetha - 100gm
Preparation of homemade shikakai shampoo
- Keep all these ingredients under the sun for at least 12 hours. When they are completely dry, grind it into a fine powder. You simply need to add water to it and use it as a shampoo.
- Apply this homemade shampoo paste on your scalp and leave it for minimum 30 minutes. Then wash off the shikakai shampoo with cold water.
- You can easily store it for months in an airtight container.
- It is little quicker than the above method of making homemade shikakai shampoo. You need the same ingredients (exclude green gram dal) for this also. To make shikakai shampoo, follow these steps:
- Soak amla, reetha and shikakai in at least two litres of water. Take an iron vessel to make this mixture. Leave it overnight.
- Boil it till the water reduces to half. Let it cool down and then use it as shikakai shampoo.
How does it benefit your hair:
The ingredients we use in this homemade shampoo are full of those nutrients that your hair need to grow and stay healthy.
- Shikakai is rich in vitamin C and D, which are essential for good hair. It nourishes your hair follicles and gives you a natural hair wash.
- Fenugreek contains nicotinic acid and proteins to nourish hair roots and revitalises dry and damaged hair.
- Similarly, the Vitamin B and proteins present in green gram prevents hair from further damage and split ends.
- Curry and tulsi leaves add a natural shine to your hair and prevents hair fall. It also helps in removing dandruff.
- Reetha helps in removing dirt and impurities from the scalp.
Homemade shikakai shampoo is a wonderful and easy way to get beautiful, healthy and bouncy hair. To get the best results, have a natural hair wash at least twice a week.