It's only when we take out that cute pair of shorts in summer or wear a little sexy dress that we notice our dark knees. And not until pointed out, does our attention get directed towards our overtly dark and dry elbows.
It's amazing how people spend hours pampering their facial skin and completely overlook their body parts, which can either make or break their image.
Two minutes of your time is all that it takes to keep your elbows and knees in an enviable condition, for that overall beautiful you!
Also Read: Easy Ways To Lighten Dark Knees And Elbows
And before you set out to find the solution to your discoloured knees and elbows, you need to do a little research on the causes first. Listed below are a few main reasons:
- Intensely dry skin that lacks moisture
- Applying excessive pressure on the knees and elbows
- Coarse fabric that is rough on the skin
- Direct exposure to the sun
- Adverse effects of medication
- Accumulation of dead skin cells
Knowing the causes precisely will prevent you from committing the same error again, while helping you find a suitable remedy that addresses your unique condition.
If you are looking for an all-natural way to cure discoloured knees and elbows, we can recommend two perfect ingredients namely onion and garlic. Here is a DIY garlic and onion pack to get rid of dark knees and elbow.
So why onion, you ask? Onion is a major carrier of vitamins A, C and E, which together form a powerful antioxidant.
This antioxidant protects the skin from the harmful UV rays, thus acting as a protective barrier against free radicals. It sloughs off the dead skin cells to reveal the clear skin present underneath.
Garlic, on the other hand, contains a compound called 'allicin', which is a natural antibacterial agent that reduces blemishes, softens the skin and soothes inflammation. Not just that, garlic is a powerful antioxidant as well that removes impurities from the deep layers of the skin.
So, have a look at the method to prepare and use this effective DIY pack to keep dark knees and elbows at bay.
Also Read: 10 Ways To Get White Knees Naturally
- 1 teaspoon of onion juice
- 1 teaspoon of garlic juice
- 1 teaspoon of rosewater
- ½ a teaspoon of lemon juice
- ½ a teaspoon of glycerin
Method Of Preparation & Application:
- In a bowl, mix onion and garlic juice. Immerse a cotton ball in the solution and apply it to the affected area. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse it with cold water. Pat dry.
- Follow it up by applying a concoction made of rose water, lemon juice and glycerin to soothe and nourish the skin.
- Repeat this procedure thrice in a week for quick results.
Make it a point to apply a moisturiser immediately after the shower to avoid dry skin. Apply sunscreen every time you step out. Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins.
So, do give this easy remedy a try and let us know your inputs below at the comment section.