- 10 hrs ago Do You Often Pick The Skin Around Nails? You May Have Excoriation Or Skin Picking Disorder?
- 11 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale 2022: Huge Discount On Home Appliances
- 15 hrs ago Wall Paint - Distemper Or Emulsion? 5-Point Comparative Guide By Expert
- 16 hrs ago Former New York Post Editor Alleges Harassment At Workplace And Retaliation By Senior
- Technology Samsung Republic Fest Sale 2022: Best Deals On Top Selling Samsung Smartphones
- News Websites, YouTube channels spreading lies, conspiring against India will be blocked: Minister Thakur
- Sports India vs South Africa 1st ODI 2022: Player of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Scorecard, Records and Stats
- Finance 3 Debt Free Chemical Stocks In India With M-Cap Over Rs. 10,000 Crore To Add To Your Watchlist
- Education UPPSC PCS Main Combined/USS Exam Deferred Owing To COVID, To Be Held From March 23 Onwards
- Movies French Actor Gaspard Ulliel Of Moon Knight Fame Passes Away At 37 After Ski Accident
- Automobiles Tata Tiago And Tata Tigor Top Variants Updated: New Features And Colours Added
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
They truly learn, who humbly bow before the learned, even as the have-nots do before the haves.
The others not having learnt will continue in their despicable state.
It is the way of the world that poor most often have to bow before the rich. This, however, is really not necessary at any rate, not always. But it is always necessary for those, who want to learn, to approach the learned master in all humility, and take pains to absorb from him all true learning.
“Pitrai nilai muniyaadhu katral nanru" (Puram 183)
This is the idea that underlies the effective use of the word 'ekkatrum' which implies going even to the extreme frontiers of humility, out of the longing to acquire learning. When the poet refers to the despicable state of those, who have not taken pains and humbled themselves to learn, it follows by contrast that those who do so are really great men.
- pulseWhy Are 2500-year-old Baobab Trees In Africa Dying Suddenly?
- pulse350 Research Papers In Knowledge Utsav
- pulseIndiaâ€™s Largest R&D Conference â€“ Knowledge Utsav
- on wisdomThirukkural-On Wealth-On Wisdom-Kural-426
- on wisdomThirukkural-On Wealth-On Wisdom-Kural-421
- on listening to the wiseThirukkural-On Wealth-On Listening To The Wise-Kural-419
- on listening to the wiseThirukkural-On Wealth-On Listening To The Wise-Kural-417
- on listening to the wiseThirukkural-On Wealth-On Listening To The Wise-Kural-413
- thoughtThe Existence And Non Existence Of Ignorance!-Part II
- on educationThirukkural-On Wealth-On Education-Kural 399
- on educationThirukkural-On Wealth-On Education-Kural 396
- on educationThirukkural-On Wealth-On Education-Kural 393