- 5 hrs ago Bhediya Schedule Wrap: Kriti Sanon Has Our Attention With Her Knitted Pink Cardigan
- 5 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Muhurta, Rituals and Significance Of This Festival
- 6 hrs ago Style Alert! Neha Kakkar Teams Her Favourite Green Dramatic Dress With Black Boots And It’s A Perfect Match
- 6 hrs ago Chaitra Navratri 2021: Maha Ashtami Puja Muhurta, Rituals and Significance
- Education UPSC EPFO Exam Postponed Due To Surge In COVID-19 Cases
- News PM Modi to meet COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers today as govt opens jabs for all above 18 years
- Sports IPL 2021, CSK vs RR Match Report: Moeen Ali, Ravindra Jadeja set up win for Chennai Super Kings
- Movies Nakuul Mehta’s Wife Jankee Reveals Their Two-Month-Old Son Was Diagnosed With Bilateral Inguinal Hernia
- Automobiles 2022 Nissan GT-R Nismo Revealed: Features Aesthetic Changes and Performance Upgrades
- Technology Infinix Hot 10 Play With Helio G35 SoC Officially Announced; Price, Specifications
- Finance What is Cheque Bounce?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Lakshadweep In April 2021
Panpin thalaipiriyach sol.
Pleasant words from a well mannered man will do
Good to others and generate blessings.
Purposeful and pleasing speech coming from a cultured gentleman will be productive of nothing but good.
Parimelalagar would say that the word 'Nayan' in this context would mean 'Needhi' in respect of his life on earth. Here, therefore, the word 'Needhi' or justice would refer to right conduct in life, as against the word, 'Nandri' or reward, which would imply the virtue that could ensure eternal reward.
The juxtaposition of the word 'Nayan' and 'Nandri' balancing 'Payan' and 'Panbu' in this Kural counts for considerable poetic beauty.
'Panbu' stands for culture in speech and 'Payan' for the good result that it produces.
Cf. Kural 45 also in this connection, where a similar balancing of the words 'Anbu' and 'Aran' with 'Panbu' and 'Payan' has been done effectively.