- 9 min ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 34 min ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 42 min ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- 1 hr ago Sonakshi Sinha’s Recent Pink Ethereal Outfits Are What All Fashionistas' Dreams Are Made Of
- Movies Inside Video: What Break Up? Kartik Aaryan & Sara Ali Khan Are All Comfy At The Star Screen Awards
- Sports Three underperforming Arsenal players this season
- News Noida police recover 2 dead bodies in a house, extramarital affair suspected
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Technology Vivo V17: The Good, Bad, And The X Factor
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The concept of qualification is brought in to exploit and bind us mentally; to keep us in guilt. We need to drop this guilt and feeling of inadequacy to progress in life. It is the confusion between religion and spirituality that also leads to this question in us, of whether we are qualified. We are constantly told that we are sinners and as such incompetent to enter the doorway of the Divine. We are told to take refuge in religion to wash away our sins.
A small Zen story: A disciple asks a Master: Master, am I qualified for spiritual progress? I feel there are many obstructions. The Master replies: The word obstruction is the only obstruction, nothing else. Spirituality is about discovering who we are. It is the search for the ultimate Truth about us and our connection with Existence. There is no room for qualification here. And let me tell you: it is not any option for you. It is a basic necessity to be able to connect with the Existence, to be spiritual. This Truth can be realized through many ways like yoga and meticulous practices like idol worship; but all these would take many births, and you will forget the purpose behind these activities and cling on to the rituals instead. That is the danger.
Dhyana or meditation is the shortcut to the Truth. It is foolproof and without side effects. The only side effect is bliss and realisation of your own Self. To start meditation, all you need to be is a human being, nothing more. A being with consciousness is the only requirement to embark upon a spiritual path. The very desire that you wish to start on this path is a true indication that you are qualified. It is said in Tao: A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Take that step now! You are qualified!
|Listen to Paramahamsa Nithyananda From mind to no mind-Opening up to higher beings-Kannappa Story - II|