- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The concept of qualification is brought in to exploit and bind us mentally; to keep us in guilt. We need to drop this guilt and feeling of inadequacy to progress in life. It is the confusion between religion and spirituality that also leads to this question in us, of whether we are qualified. We are constantly told that we are sinners and as such incompetent to enter the doorway of the Divine. We are told to take refuge in religion to wash away our sins.
A small Zen story: A disciple asks a Master: Master, am I qualified for spiritual progress? I feel there are many obstructions. The Master replies: The word obstruction is the only obstruction, nothing else. Spirituality is about discovering who we are. It is the search for the ultimate Truth about us and our connection with Existence. There is no room for qualification here. And let me tell you: it is not any option for you. It is a basic necessity to be able to connect with the Existence, to be spiritual. This Truth can be realized through many ways like yoga and meticulous practices like idol worship; but all these would take many births, and you will forget the purpose behind these activities and cling on to the rituals instead. That is the danger.
Dhyana or meditation is the shortcut to the Truth. It is foolproof and without side effects. The only side effect is bliss and realisation of your own Self. To start meditation, all you need to be is a human being, nothing more. A being with consciousness is the only requirement to embark upon a spiritual path. The very desire that you wish to start on this path is a true indication that you are qualified. It is said in Tao: A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. Take that step now! You are qualified!
|Listen to Paramahamsa Nithyananda From mind to no mind-Opening up to higher beings-Kannappa Story - II|