- 20 min ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Turn Stylish Fashion Inspiration For Couples As They Match From Head-To-Toe
- 50 min ago The Wild Dog Actress Saiyami Kher Flaunts Two Stunning Outfits; Which One Will You Pick?
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Tips For A Stronger Immune System When Fasting
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Some Myths And Facts Associated That One Need To Know
- News Declare COVID-19 'natural calamity': Maharashtra CM Uddhav Thackeray urges PM Modi
- Finance Petrol & diesel rates slashed by 16 and 14 paise: Check latest rates here
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: Preview, Live Telecast, Live Streaming, TV timing, Pitch report
- Movies Why Did Geeta Basra Never Return To Acting After Marrying Harbhajan Singh?
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Education MPBSE MP Board Exam 2021 Postponed For Class 10, 12 Amid Covid Crisis
- Automobiles Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
Andal Jayanti is a significant festival observed in Tamil Nadu, India. The festival is dedicated to Goddess Andal, an incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi. The day is observed as the birth anniversary of Goddess Andal. The festival goes on for 10 days and is also known as Aadi Pooram. This year the festival will be observed on 24 July 2020. To know more about this festival, read the following article.
Muhurat Of Andal Jayanti
The festival is celebrated during the Aadi month. This is one of the months according to the Tamil calendar. The sunrise on this day will be at 5:58 am whereas the sunset will be at 07:08 pm. The puja will be performed during the Pooram Nakshatram which will begin at 05:44 pm on 23 July 2020 whereas the Nakshatra muhurat will end at 04:03 pm on 24 July 2020.
- On this day, people wake up early and begin the preparations for the 10-day festival.
- Women decorate their houses with flowers, leaves and kolam (rangoli).
- Goddess Andal is offered lotus flower, red colour and kalkandu rice. Devotees make sure to offer these things to the deity and worship her.
- While in the temples, the idol of Goddess Andal is adorned with silk, gold jewellery and garland.
- Traditional music is played and the Goddess is offered offerings prepared by the people.
- In the end, aarti is performed and prasad is distributed among the people.
- It is a 10-day festival that is observed with full dedication and devotion in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- During this festival, people visit the temples of Lord Vishnu and offer prayers to him.
- For the 10-days, people worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi with utmost dedication.
- On the 10th day, Goddess Andal and Lord Ranganathswamy are married according to the rituals.