- 14 hrs ago What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- 15 hrs ago Viral News: Huband Lets Wife Leave With His Lover In Exchange of 71 Sheep
- 15 hrs ago Important Traits Required For A Strong Professional Relationship
- 15 hrs ago Punjab Government Brings 4,500 Journalists Under Health Insurance Scheme
- News With his extreme jihad ideology, why is Zakir Naik becoming a menace for Malaysia now
- Finance Rupee Opens Lower At 71.51
- Automobiles Mahindra Cuts 1500 Jobs As Slowdown Crisis Worsens
- Sports Srikanth, Praneeth, Prannoy make winning start at World Championships
- Movies Vanitha Vijayakumar Is The New Wild Card Entry; Bigg Boss Tamil 3 Fans Lash Out At The Team!
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26 In India
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mauni Amavasya will be observed on 4 February 2019. It will also be the second day of great Shahi Snaan in Kumbh Mela being observed at Prayag. The great news here is that a Mahoday Yog will occur on this Mauni Amavasya this year. It is an auspicious astrological and spiritual occurrence.
This Yog is occurring after a period of 71 long years. Let us know more about Mahoday Yog.
Mauni Amavasya, Somvati Amavasya, Viyatipad, Sarvarth Sidhi Yog and Shravan Nakshatra
It is an astrological occurrence happening because Mauni Amavasya as well as Somvati Amavasya are coming together. Both the Amavasyas are among the most auspicious days in the Hindu tradition. Along with this, Shravan Nakshatra, Viyatipad yog and Sarvarth Siddhi yog are also occurring on the same day, which are adding to the auspiciousness.
Benefits Get Multiplied
Every Amavasya is considered auspicious for taking a holy bath. A holy bath is the one taken in a sacred river. A bath taken at the confluence of the three great rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati on this day is very auspicious, as the benefits and virtues get multiplied. The virtue acquired through donations also increases manifold.
Sins Get Washed Away
While keeping a Maun vrat is considered of high importance, taking a bath brings various benefits including washing off one's sins and bringing salvation.
Offering Water To Surya Dev Beneficial
One should offer water to Surya Dev with sesame seeds added in the water. The auspicious time when one can make donations on this day is after sunrise and before 7.08 am on 4 Feb.
Stars And Planets To Offer Auspicious Coincidence
A Mahoday Yog had occurred last in February 1948. Sun would be in its own Nakshatra. Rahu and Brihaspati would be together. The relations of Sun and Saturn would offer an auspicious time on this Mauni Amavasya. Hence, the devotees should seek the blessings of the Lord by performing as many virtuous deeds as possible, especially helping the poor.