- 1 hr ago Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- 1 hr ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Rules The Red Carpet With Her Magical Feathered White Gown
- 7 hrs ago Foods That Help You Heal After Quitting Smoking
- 7 hrs ago Woman’s Mouth Exploded Because Of The Toxin She Consumed
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Technology Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mauni Amavasya will be observed on 4 February 2019. It will also be the second day of great Shahi Snaan in Kumbh Mela being observed at Prayag. The great news here is that a Mahoday Yog will occur on this Mauni Amavasya this year. It is an auspicious astrological and spiritual occurrence.
This Yog is occurring after a period of 71 long years. Let us know more about Mahoday Yog.
Mauni Amavasya, Somvati Amavasya, Viyatipad, Sarvarth Sidhi Yog and Shravan Nakshatra
It is an astrological occurrence happening because Mauni Amavasya as well as Somvati Amavasya are coming together. Both the Amavasyas are among the most auspicious days in the Hindu tradition. Along with this, Shravan Nakshatra, Viyatipad yog and Sarvarth Siddhi yog are also occurring on the same day, which are adding to the auspiciousness.
Benefits Get Multiplied
Every Amavasya is considered auspicious for taking a holy bath. A holy bath is the one taken in a sacred river. A bath taken at the confluence of the three great rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati on this dayis very auspicious, as the benefits and virtues get multiplied. The virtue acquired through donations also increases manifold.
Sins Get Washed Away
While keeping a Maun vrat is considered of high importance, taking a bath brings various benefits including washing off one's sins and bringing salvation.
Offering Water To Surya Dev Beneficial
One should offer water to Surya Dev with sesame seeds added in the water. The auspicious time when one can make donations on this day is after sunrise and before 7.08 am on 4 Feb.
Most Read: Things Not To Do On Mauni Amavasya
Stars And Planets To Offer Auspicious Coincidence
A Mahoday Yog had occurred last in February 1948. Sun would be in its own Nakshatra. Rahu and Brihaspati would be together. The relations of Sun and Saturn would offer an auspicious time on this Mauni Amavasya. Hence, the devotees should seek the blessings of the Lord by performing as many virtuous deeds as possible, especially helping the poor.