- 14 min ago 7 Effective Home Remedies For Chickenpox
- 1 hr ago Richa Chadha, Lisa Ray, Kalki Koechlin Have Unique Outfit Ideas For Formal Events
- 2 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Has Red And Blue Gown Goals For Us
- 2 hrs ago Joint Pain In Children: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And How To Treat It
- News Uddhav Thackeray to lead new Maharashtra govt, says Sharad Pawar on Sena, Cong, NCP meet
- Sports India Vs West Indies: Mumbai and Hyderabad swap dates of T20Is against Windies
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Congratulates Acid Attack Survivor On Wedding: Wins The Internet!
- Travel Jagdalpur – A Paradise Full Of Natural Bounties
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Headed To Double Digit Growth Says New CEO Vinod Dasari
- Technology Vivo U20 First Impressions: Pros, Cons, And The X-Factor
- Finance Bharti Airtel, Vodafone Idea File Review Petitions In Supreme Court On AGR Verdict
- Education Why World Children's Day Is Celebrated On November 20?
Mauni Amavasya will be observed on 4 February 2019. It will also be the second day of great Shahi Snaan in Kumbh Mela being observed at Prayag. The great news here is that a Mahoday Yog will occur on this Mauni Amavasya this year. It is an auspicious astrological and spiritual occurrence.
This Yog is occurring after a period of 71 long years. Let us know more about Mahoday Yog.
Mauni Amavasya, Somvati Amavasya, Viyatipad, Sarvarth Sidhi Yog and Shravan Nakshatra
It is an astrological occurrence happening because Mauni Amavasya as well as Somvati Amavasya are coming together. Both the Amavasyas are among the most auspicious days in the Hindu tradition. Along with this, Shravan Nakshatra, Viyatipad yog and Sarvarth Siddhi yog are also occurring on the same day, which are adding to the auspiciousness.
Benefits Get Multiplied
Every Amavasya is considered auspicious for taking a holy bath. A holy bath is the one taken in a sacred river. A bath taken at the confluence of the three great rivers Ganga, Yamuna and Saraswati on this day is very auspicious, as the benefits and virtues get multiplied. The virtue acquired through donations also increases manifold.
Sins Get Washed Away
While keeping a Maun vrat is considered of high importance, taking a bath brings various benefits including washing off one's sins and bringing salvation.
Offering Water To Surya Dev Beneficial
One should offer water to Surya Dev with sesame seeds added in the water. The auspicious time when one can make donations on this day is after sunrise and before 7.08 am on 4 Feb.
Stars And Planets To Offer Auspicious Coincidence
A Mahoday Yog had occurred last in February 1948. Sun would be in its own Nakshatra. Rahu and Brihaspati would be together. The relations of Sun and Saturn would offer an auspicious time on this Mauni Amavasya. Hence, the devotees should seek the blessings of the Lord by performing as many virtuous deeds as possible, especially helping the poor.