TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi falls on the Chaturdashi Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Kartik. It is also known as Kartik Shukla Chaturdashi. It is the day when Lord Vishnu, after waking up from sleep takes back the charge of the world from Lord Shiva.
Since Lord Vishnu sleeps for a period of four months, known as Chaturmasa, it is Lord Shiva who looks after the world until then. So on the day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi, Lord Vishnu takes the charge again.
Vrat Katha - Devrishi Narad And Lord Vishnu
Once Devrishi Narad Muni asked Lord Vishnu an easy way of doing Bhakti and getting virtues. He wanted some simple ways of pleasing the Supreme one. To this Lord Vishnu mentioned the day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi. He said that whoever observes the rituals associated with this day, surely achieves salvation and goes to Vaikuntha, the abode of Lord Vishnu after death.
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Vidhi And Puja
As a part of the rituals, a fast is observed for the whole day. It is broken in the evening. At night a Puja before Lord Vishnu is performed using lotus flowers. This is followed by a Puja performed before Lord Shiva. Hence, the festival holds high importance for both the Vaishnavite and Shaivite tradition of Hinduism, besides the mainstream Hindus.
Parana Performed The Next Day
A whole night vigil should be kept and the next morning, Lord Shiva should be worshipped. Priests should be invited and offered a morning feast after this. This next day is called Kartika Shukla Purnima and has a huge religious significance, being associated with Lord Shiva.
Mantra For Puja
Given below is a mantra that you can chant while offering prayers to Lord Vishnu on Vaikuntha Chaturdashi.
Vina Yi Haripujam Tu Kuryad Rudrasya Charchnam
Vritha Tasya Bhavet Puja Satyametaddhacho Mam