- just now Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Dress Up Like A Diva In These Yellow-Hued Ethnic Outfits
- 22 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Three: Diana Penty Looks Regal In Her Exquisite Vintage Lehenga
- 27 min ago Mydriasis (Dilated Pupils): Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 1 hr ago Happy Krishna Janmashtami 2019: Messages To Share Among Your Friends And Family
- Sports Hope Team India win ICC trophy in next two years under Ravi Shastri: Sourav Ganguly
- Movies Ayushmann Khurrana Says Audiences Should Leave Their Brains At Home Before Watching Dream Girl!
- News Sitharaman's action plan for auto-sector: These measure announced to boost vehicle sales
- Finance China Announces New Tariffs On American Cars, Auto Parts
- Automobiles Jawa Owners Cancel Bookings: Delivery Estimator Shows Increased Waiting Period & Other Problems
- Technology Motorola One Action Launched In India-Price, Specs, And Launch Offers
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi falls on the Chaturdashi Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Kartik. It is also known as Kartik Shukla Chaturdashi. It is the day when Lord Vishnu, after waking up from sleep takes back the charge of the world from Lord Shiva.
Since Lord Vishnu sleeps for a period of four months, known as Chaturmasa, it is Lord Shiva who looks after the world until then. So on the day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi, Lord Vishnu takes the charge again.
Vrat Katha - Devrishi Narad And Lord Vishnu
Once Devrishi Narad Muni asked Lord Vishnu an easy way of doing Bhakti and getting virtues. He wanted some simple ways of pleasing the Supreme one. To this Lord Vishnu mentioned the day of Vaikuntha Chaturdashi. He said that whoever observes the rituals associated with this day, surely achieves salvation and goes to Vaikuntha, the abode of Lord Vishnu after death.
Vaikuntha Chaturdashi Vrat Vidhi And Puja
As a part of the rituals, a fast is observed for the whole day. It is broken in the evening. At night a Puja before Lord Vishnu is performed using lotus flowers. This is followed by a Puja performed before Lord Shiva. Hence, the festival holds high importance for both the Vaishnavite and Shaivite tradition of Hinduism, besides the mainstream Hindus.
Parana Performed The Next Day
A whole night vigil should be kept and the next morning, Lord Shiva should be worshipped. Priests should be invited and offered a morning feast after this. This next day is called Kartika Shukla Purnima and has a huge religious significance, being associated with Lord Shiva.
Mantra For Puja
Given below is a mantra that you can chant while offering prayers to Lord Vishnu on Vaikuntha Chaturdashi.
Vina Yi Haripujam Tu Kuryad Rudrasya Charchnam
Vritha Tasya Bhavet Puja Satyametaddhacho Mam