- 11 min ago Kareena Kapoor Khan's Charismatic Dance India Dance Make-up Look
- 26 min ago Vertigo: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 49 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Three: Tara Sutaria Exudes Sassy Vibes With Her Black And White Attire
- 52 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 3: Pooja Hegde Bedazzled Us As She Walked The Ramp
- Movies Prabhas & Shraddha Kapoor Promote Saaho On The Kapil Sharma Show & Nach Baliye 9 PICS
- Finance No Ban On Petrol & Diesel Vehicles Purchased Till March 2020
- Sports BWF World Championships: PV Sindhu beats second-seed Tai Tzu Ying to enter semifinals
- Technology Motorola One Action Launched In India-Price, Specs, And Launch Offers
- News Fact check: Amazon fires are real, but don't be fooled by these fake images
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Recalls Over 40,000 Units Of The Wagon R In India Over Fuel-Hose Issue
- Education ICMAI Result 2019: Direct Links And Steps To Check CMA Results 2019
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi is a day dedicated to Prophet Muhammad and his teachings. Born on the twelfth day of Rabee-ul-Awwal (the third month of Islamic calendar) in Mecca, Prophet Muhammad is seen as an idol by many who want to adopt his virtues as a way of life.
His birth anniversary is celebrated as a festival and is known as Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi. This year the festival will be observed on 21 November. It will start from the evening of 20 November and will continue till the evening of the next day.
Who Was Prophet Muhammad
Prophet Muhammad was the last messenger and prophet among all the sects of Islam. Not just this, it is believed that the holy book Quran was revealed to him by God, and which he further revealed to the world. Also known as the Prophet or the Messenger, Prophet Muhammad is regarded as the greatest among all the Prophets. It is said that he possessed all the virtues of life.
Different History As Per Shia Community
However, there is a variation in the history that the Sunni and the Shia Muslims associate the day with. What the Shia community believes is that it was on this day that the Prophet had chosen Hazrat Ali as the successor.
Religious Hymns Are Narrated
As a part of the celebrations, religious hymns dedicated to him are sung on this day. Both narrating as well as listening to these hymns is considered good for a human being. This gives one blessing in the present as well as the afterlife of a person. Prayers are conducted the whole day.
Donations Hold Prime Importance
Donations hold a prime importance in every religion and every festival is considered auspicious for it. More so in Islam. Thus there is a custom of making donations to the poor. Food and sweets can also be distributed among the needy. While houses are decorated, processions displaying the inspirational stories of the Prophet are also taken out.
An Inspirational Life To Learn From
While these festivities mark the day, it is also remembered as a day when we should learn great lessons from the life of Prophet Muhammad. With all the virtues in his heart, Prophet Muhammad had lived a truly inspirational life. Hence, people try to inculcate the same qualities in themselves and thus give to themselves better purposes to live life.