- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: Portugal vs Uruguay: Bruno Fernandes brace takes Portugal to the last 16 after 2-0 win
- Finance How to Register, Login and Transfer Funds Using HDFC Mobile Banking App?
- News IFFI jury head calls The Kashmir Files ‘vulgar’
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 9: Roopesh Shetty Receives Kiccha Sudeep’s Applause; Show To Have Family Special This Week?
- Travel Serra Verde Express – Wild Ride In Brazil
- Education Karnataka 2nd PUC 2023: Final Date Sheet For Class 12th Declared At pue.karnataka.gov.in; Get Details Here
- Technology Oppo Find N2 Foldable Smartphone Spotted On Geekbench; Could Be Powered By Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1
- Automobiles Toyota Pulls The Plug On The Innova Crysta – Removed From Official Website
Almost all Hindu religious festivals are a treat to the eyes because of the stunning rituals involved in them. This year, in 2022, the Varalakshmi puja is on 12 August, Friday.
For Ganesh puja, people decorate their homes with rangolis and red flowers. During Navratri (a 9-day festival), people use garlands and mango leaves for decoration purposes.
One thing is common in all Hindu religious festivals- the use of flowers. Before talking about these types of flowers, one should know which flower signifies what.
While Goddess Lakshmi is seen sitting on a lotus throne, here are the different types of flowers that you can offer to the other Gods on Varamahalakshmi-
Lord Vishnu loves white flowers with fragrances like jasmine, mogra, etc. He is the preserver of the creation and he is the symbol of happily married men and is believed to be fond of beautiful flowers.
This is one of the most important among the types of flowers for Goddess Lakshmi. You must have seen in pictures that Goddess Lakshmi is seated on a lotus flower. Therefore, it must be her favourite flower. During the Varamahalakshmi Puja, lotus is offered to the goddess.
2. Red Roses:
Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of married women. So, people never offer white flowers, as white symbolises being a widow. Red roses are one of the favourite flowers of Goddess Laksmi. So, you can decorate the puja space with this flower and also offer it to the goddess.
3. Red Jasmine:
While talking of different types of flowers to offer Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi, this flower cannot be ignored. This little, lightly aromatic flower looks so good while you offer it to the goddess in a bunch.
4. Fragrant Screw Pine:
Though this flower is not commonly used in other pujas, this is regarded as one of the favourite flowers of Goddess Lakshmi. You can please Mata Lakshmi easily if you offer this orange-coloured flower to her and pray from the bottom of your heart.
What are the other different types of flowers to offer Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi? Yes, marigold is an easy answer. You can decorate your room and puja space with some marigold garlands. This flower is available in three colours, namely, yellow, orange and red. You can offer every flower to Mata Lakshmi.
You know Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of married women. How can you forget red hibiscus to add to the list? This bright red flower can be offered to the goddess on the occasion of Varamahalakshmi.
7. Jungle Geranium:
May be this name is uncommon, but do you know Thechi? Yes, those little bunches of red flowers can be offered to the Goddess Laksmi. These little red flowers are also known as the Flame of Jungle; and if you decorate the puja space with these flowers, it will surely look vibrant.
8. Durba Grass:
Apart from flowers, this grass is also offered to the goddess on Varamahalakshmi Puja. It is used to spread on the place where the kalasam is kept during the puja. Durba Grass is inseparable from any puja/ritual that takes place in the religious occasions.
- decorNavratri 2022: 10 Best Festival Home Decor Ideas For The Auspicious Festival
- festivalsAndal Jayanti 2022: Date, Rituals, Bhog, Legend, History And Significance
- festivalsBenefits Of Applying Sindoor On Main Door, As Per Vastu Shastra
- festivalsMay Month 2022: Auspicious Dates For Wedding, House Warming, Naming Ceremony And More This Month
- festivalsHoli Bhai Dooj 2022: Date, Shubh Muhurat, Significance And How To Do Tilak
- recipesHoli Special Recipes: How To Make Instant Papad Katori Chaat
- pulseWhen Is Lent? Start Date, End Date, Practices, History And Significance
- recipesMahashivratri Recipes: How To Make Sabudana Bhel
- healthBig New COVID Wave Unlikely But Too Early To Say India In Endemic Stage: Scientists
- wellness11 Effective Ways To Prevent Indigestion During Durga Puja
- fashion trendsAmazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Top Jewellery Picks To Choose From
- festivalsKamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival