- 52 min ago Maharana Pratap Jayanti: 16 Lesser Known Facts About The Great Rajput King
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 18 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 21 hrs ago Aishwarya Rai Bachchan At Cannes Film Festival: Best Beauty Moments Of The Actress
- Finance Indian Stock Markets Closed, Asia Trade Higher
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- News As domestic flight ops resume, States issue SOPs for flyers
- Sports Georgian tennis star Basilashvili charged with assaulting ex-wife
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Almost all Hindu religious festivals are a treat to the eyes because of the stunning rituals involved in it. This year, in 2019, the Varalakshmi puja is on 9th August, Friday.
For Ganesh puja, people decorate their homes with rangolis and red flowers. During Navratri (9-day festival), people use garlands and mango leaves for decoration purposes.
One thing is common in all Hindu religious festivals- the use of flowers. Before talking about these type of flowers, one should know which flower signifies what.
While Goddess Lakshmi is seen sitting on a lotus throne, here are the different types of flowers that you can offer to the other Gods on Varamahalakshmi-
Lord Vishnu loves white flowers with fragrance like jasmine, mogra, etc. He is the preserver of the creation and he is the symbol of happy married men and is believed to be fond of beautiful flowers.
This is one of the most important among the types of flowers for Goddess Lakshmi. You must have seen in pictures that Goddess Lakshmi is seated on a lotus flower. Therefore, it must be her favourite flower. During the Varamahalakshmi Puja, lotus is offered to the goddess.
2. Red Roses:
Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of married women. So, people never offer white flowers, as white symbolises being a widow. Red roses are one of the favourite flowers of Goddess Laksmi. So, you can decorate the puja space with this flower and also offer it to the goddess.
3. Red Jasmine:
While talking of different types of flowers to offer Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi, this flower cannot be ignored. This little, lightly aromatic flower looks so good while you offer it to the goddess in a bunch.
4. Fragrant Screw Pine:
Though this flower is not commonly used in other pujas, this is regarded as one of the favourite flowers of Goddess Lakshmi. You can please Mata Lakshmi easily if you offer this orange-coloured flower to her and pray from the bottom of your heart.
What are the other different types of flowers to offer Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi? Yes, marigold is an easy answer. You can decorate your room and puja space with some marigold garlands. This flower is available in three colours, namely, yellow, orange and red. You can offer every flower to Mata Lakshmi.
You know Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of married women. How can you forget red hibiscus to add to the list? This bright red flower can be offered to the goddess on the occasion of Varamahalakshmi.
7. Jungle Geranium:
May be this name is uncommon, but do you know Thechi? Yes, those little bunches of red flowers can be offered to the Goddess Laksmi. These little red flowers are also known as the Flame of Jungle; and if you decorate the puja space with these flowers, it will surely look vibrant.
8. Durba Grass:
Apart from flowers, this grass is also offered to the goddess on Varamahalakshmi Puja. It is used to spread on the place where the kalasam is kept during the puja. Durba Grass is inseparable from any puja/ritual that takes place in the religious occasions.