- 41 min ago Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
- 2 hrs ago Prominent Chennai Hospital Perform India’s First True Robotic Bariatric Surgery Using Robotic Staplers
- 3 hrs ago Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s Bridal Look Is Winning The Social Media; Kudos To Stylist Preetham Jukalker
- 5 hrs ago Vitamin D May Protect Severe Covid Infection, Death: Study
- Sports Indian women lose by 36 runs against Australia in warm-up
- Movies Govinda's Wife Sunita Ahuja Praises Her Other Nephew Vinay Anand Amidst Feud With Krushna Abhishek
- Technology Reliance Jio Offering Extra Data With Three Prepaid Plans
- Finance Gold Rates Are Falling, Is It The Right Time To Buy After The Fall?
- News Amid reports of his resignation, Amarinder Singh to address media shortly
- Automobiles Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Education KEAM 2021 Result Declared For Engineering Entrance Exam, Check Direct Link Here
- Travel 10 Stunning Places To Visit In Winter In Kerala
Almost all Hindu religious festivals are a treat to the eyes because of the stunning rituals involved in them. This year, in 2021, the Varalakshmi puja is on 20 August, Friday.
For Ganesh puja, people decorate their homes with rangolis and red flowers. During Navratri (9-day festival), people use garlands and mango leaves for decoration purposes.
One thing is common in all Hindu religious festivals- the use of flowers. Before talking about these types of flowers, one should know which flower signifies what.
While Goddess Lakshmi is seen sitting on a lotus throne, here are the different types of flowers that you can offer to the other Gods on Varamahalakshmi-
Lord Vishnu loves white flowers with fragrances like jasmine, mogra, etc. He is the preserver of the creation and he is the symbol of happily married men and is believed to be fond of beautiful flowers.
This is one of the most important among the types of flowers for Goddess Lakshmi. You must have seen in pictures that Goddess Lakshmi is seated on a lotus flower. Therefore, it must be her favourite flower. During the Varamahalakshmi Puja, lotus is offered to the goddess.
2. Red Roses:
Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of married women. So, people never offer white flowers, as white symbolises being a widow. Red roses are one of the favourite flowers of Goddess Laksmi. So, you can decorate the puja space with this flower and also offer it to the goddess.
3. Red Jasmine:
While talking of different types of flowers to offer Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi, this flower cannot be ignored. This little, lightly aromatic flower looks so good while you offer it to the goddess in a bunch.
4. Fragrant Screw Pine:
Though this flower is not commonly used in other pujas, this is regarded as one of the favourite flowers of Goddess Lakshmi. You can please Mata Lakshmi easily if you offer this orange-coloured flower to her and pray from the bottom of your heart.
What are the other different types of flowers to offer Goddess Lakshmi with on Varamahalakshmi? Yes, marigold is an easy answer. You can decorate your room and puja space with some marigold garlands. This flower is available in three colours, namely, yellow, orange and red. You can offer every flower to Mata Lakshmi.
You know Goddess Lakshmi is the symbol of married women. How can you forget red hibiscus to add to the list? This bright red flower can be offered to the goddess on the occasion of Varamahalakshmi.
7. Jungle Geranium:
May be this name is uncommon, but do you know Thechi? Yes, those little bunches of red flowers can be offered to the Goddess Laksmi. These little red flowers are also known as the Flame of Jungle; and if you decorate the puja space with these flowers, it will surely look vibrant.
8. Durba Grass:
Apart from flowers, this grass is also offered to the goddess on Varamahalakshmi Puja. It is used to spread on the place where the kalasam is kept during the puja. Durba Grass is inseparable from any puja/ritual that takes place in the religious occasions.