- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope, 24 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 10 hrs ago Yami Gautam's Favourite Kitchen Skincare Staple: 2 Ways To Use It For Glowing Skin
- 11 hrs ago Top Five Myths About Endometriosis: Checking The Facts
- 12 hrs ago 6 Decor Tips To Add A Luxurious Vibe To Your Living Room
- Sports India vs New Zealand, 1st ODI: Dream11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips, Possible Playing 11, Match Prediction
- Movies Vikram Gokhale’s Wife Dismisses News Of Her Husband’s Death : He Is On Ventilator
- Education BPSC 67th Prelims Re-Exam 2022 OMR Answer Sheet Released at bpsc.bih.nic.in; Get Steps To Download Here
- News Centre soon to bring law to regulate digital media: Anurag Thakur
- Finance 5 Companies Offering Upto 350% Dividend, Ex-Dividend Date Tomorrow, On November 24
- Automobiles Force Urbania Launched At Rs 28.99 Lakh
- Travel Top Places in Delhi-NCR Where You Can Watch The FIFA World Cup 2022
- Technology MediaTek Dimensity 8200 Details Leaked: Worthy Successor To The Dimensity 8100?
After the sparkling celebration of Diwali, brothers and sisters all over India get ready for the festival of Bhai Dooj. On this day, sisters apply 'tilak' on their brothers' forehead and pray for their well being. The brothers are supposed to shower their sisters with lavish gifts on this occasion. This year, the festival will be celebrated on 16 November 2020.
It is believed that on this auspicious day, the God of death, Yamaraja visits his sister, Yamuna and she welcomes her brother by applying a tilak on his forehead and so the ritual of tilak and the tilak festival are so popular. Lord Krishna had also defeated the demon Narakasura on the same day.
Bhai Dooj Aparahna Time - 01:10 PM to 03:18 PM (Duration - 02 Hours 08 Mins). Dwitiya Tithi Begins at 07:06 AM on Nov 16, 2020, and ends at 03:56 AM on Nov 17, 2020.
Bhai Dooj This Year: Dates And Muhurtam
This year Bhai Dooj will be celebrated on November 16, 2020. Let us now understand the Vidhi and the rituals associated with Bhai Dooj.Bhai Dooj Aparahna Time - 01:10 PM to 03:18 PM (Duration - 02 Hours 08 Mins). Dwitiya Tithi Begins at 07:06 AM on Nov 16, 2020, and ends at 03:56 AM on Nov 17, 2020.
Significance And The Different Names Of Bhai Dooj
Like most of our Indian festivals, Bhai Dooj is also about family bonding and sibling love. It is a chance for the brother and sister to renew their attachments. In our busy lives, we often forget to nurture our relationships. These festivals bring us closer to our near and dear ones.
In Bengal, this event is known as 'Bhai Phota' where 'Phota' means tilak. This tilak or the protective spot on the forehead is applied in order to guard the brother against any danger and negative energies. Bhai Dooj is also known as the 'Yama Dwitiya'. It is believed that anyone who receives a tilak from his sister on this day would never be put through hell.
Significant Rituals Of Bhai Dooj
There are some important rituals associated with Bhai Dooj which need to be followed. Let us take a look.
1. Brothers and sisters have to take an early bath on the day of Bhai Dooj. After which the brother must visit his sister.
2. The sister applies a tilak or tika with kumkum on the forehead of her brother reciting a mantra.
3. Then the sister has to give a coconut to the brother.
4. After that the sister has to do the aarti for her brother and pray for his long life.
5. If her brother is married, then the sister has to apply tilak on her sister-in-law's forehead as well and give her a dry coconut.
6. If her brother happens to have kids then the tilak has to be applied to their foreheads as well.
7. If someone does not have a brother then she can do a puja for the moon and follow the rituals.
Mantra To Be Chanted While Applying The Tilak
Bhratus tabaa grajaataaham, Bhunksa bhaktamidam shuvam
Preetaye yama raajasya Yamunaah Visheshatah
After chanting the mantra, pray for the long life of your brother. Another important ritual of Bhai Dooj is 'Bhagini Hastha Bhojanam' which means that the brother has to partake the meal which is prepared by the sister for him.
Thereafter, the brother gives valuable gifts to his sister as a mark of love. Taking a dip in the Yamuna river is also considered to be highly pious.
- bollywood wardrobeRakul Preet Singh’s Printed Lehenga Look Is Ideal Inspiration For Boho Chic Fashion
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon, Ananya Panday, And More Impress With Their Ethnic Fashion At Sonam Kapoor’s Diwali Party
- bollywood wardrobeEkta Kapoor’s Diwali Bash: Ananya Panday, Kangana Ranaut, And Others Attend The Party In Traditional Style
- bollywood wardrobeRashmika Mandanna’s Striped Saree Get-Up Is Perfect For Diwali Party, Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon’s Enchanting Look In Lehenga Gives Diwali Dress-Up Vibes, See Pics!
- bollywood wardrobeSara Ali Khan, Ananya Panday, Kartik Aaryan, and Others Flaunt Ethnic Look At T-Series Diwali Bash
- festivalsBandi Chhor Diwas 2022: Know About How Sikhs Celebrate Diwali Every Year
- recipesDiwali 2022: Easy And Delicious Kesari Jalebi Recipe
- bollywood wardrobeRajkummar Rao, Rakul Preet Singh, Suhana Khan, And Others Raise Glam Quotient At Bhumi Pednekar’s Diwali Bash
- bollywood wardrobeKriti Sanon’s 6 contemporary sarees that are perfect for Diwali Party
- horoscopeDiwali 2022 To Diwali 2023 Yearly Horoscope For Finances - Numerological Predictions By Expert
- menVarun Dhawan To Anil Kapoor, 8 Ethnic Outfits Guide From B-Town Men To Look Dapper This Diwali