- 4 min ago Moisturising Ingredients For Oily Skin: Make Sure Your Moisturiser Have These Five Ingredients
- 3 hrs ago Jwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- 5 hrs ago When Lord Rama Met Shabri: Know About The Nine Levels Of Hindu Devotion
- 7 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- Finance What are the Essential Documents Required to file an ITR?
- Sports Rumour Has It: Saudi Arabian giants Al Nassr make £186m three-year offer to Ronaldo
- News Without India, China holds first Indian Ocean Region meet with 19 countries
- Movies Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 10: Not Rubina Dilaik or Faisal Shaik; THIS Contestant Will Win The Show, Claims Nikki Tamb
- Automobiles Winter Car Care & Check List – Here’s Everything You Need To Know
- Technology Xiaomi 13 With Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Tipped To Launch On December 1
- Travel Roraima Tepui Trek - Wild, Offbeat and Trail-worthy
- Education BPSC 67th Mains Exam 2022: Exam Schedule Announced At bpsc.bih.nic.in, Check Application Fee & Schedule Here
Naimisharanya is a very famous spot mentioned frequently in Indian Epic Ramayana. It is actually the place of penance of 88 thousand sages, whose darshan after visiting the Char Dham sanctifies and blesses your entire journey.
The Gaddi of Maharshi Ved Vyasa holds immense significance. On Guru Poornima Day, this place sparkles with a rich spiritual vibe that is sensed all over the place.
Vyasa Gaddi Of Ved Vyasa: Naimisharanya
Naimisharanya, which is located in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh is a veritable storehouse of sites of great historical importance. Situated around one km from Chakra Tirth in Naimisharanya, it is the second most interesting spot in the entire landscape of Sitapur. Naimisharanya is located at a distance of about 35 km from Sitapur, adjacent to Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh.
Surrounded by a serene forest with soothing vibes, this is situated atop a mound. It is staunchly believed that the desires of a person will immediately be heard and blessed if the devotee reads or hears Bhagavata Purana or Vishnu Sahasranama at the Gaddi. It was here that Maharshi Vyasa classified the Vedas; due to this reason, the place came to be called Vyasa Gaddi.
Vyasa Gaddi Of Ved Vyasa: The Pristine Landscape
Maharshi Vyasa is supposed to have penanced under this giant Vat Vriksh or Banyan Tree, where he wrote scriptures that grew to be historically preserved pieces that represented the age-old culture of India. The tree is over 5000 years old and finds mention in the Mahabharata, when Maharshi Ved Vyasa lived.
This tree is the real Gaddi of Maharshi Ved Vyasa. It is surrounded by temples one of which has a seat resembling a Gaddi. Maharshi Ved Vyasa temple has been built and dedicated to him, and it has a triangular pile of clothes that represents Maharshi Ved Vyasa.
An age-old star-shaped Yagnya Kund, which is now layered with ceramic tiles is the place for the Yagnya karta to sit, around which other places for other participating deities are earmarked. A shelf piled up with scriptures, which can be a knowledgeable addition to your library can be spotted. Satyanarayana Swami temple is also built around this area.
Vyasa Gaddi is the most important site in Naimisharanya where he explained the Vedas and Puranas. Gaddi means seat. There are hoardings with written information about the scriptures written here. Vyasa Gaddi is also amidst some very renowned pilgrimage centres in this area. The Gaddi was the sacred spot where Maharshi Ved Vyasa narrated the story of Satyanarayan Katha to his disciples.
Vyasa Gaddi Of Ved Vyasa: Interesting Facts
Naimisharanya is also known as Neemsar. It finds a mention even in the Satyanarayan Katha that is read with utmost devotion in the Hindu households even today. It was Maharshi Ved Vyasa that composed the four Vedas, 6 scriptures, and 18 Puranas on the banks of the Gomti river and recited it in front of the 88 thousand sages who were engaged in penance.
Manu and Shatarupa, the primordial first couple of the universe, were created by Lord Brahma in this place, who penanced right here, to gain knowledge of the Vedas and Puranas. There are Goddess Lalita Devi temple, Dev Deveshwar Nath Temple, Hanuman Garhi, Goddess Kali temple, and Chakratirth. People come here in hordes even from western countries to have the thread of vows tied on their hands for fulfilling their wishes.
Naimisharanya is located in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. The sacred site of Vyasa Gaddi remains open 24/7 for the tourists, from Sunday to Saturday and from sunrise to sunset.
Vyasa Gaddi Of Ved Vyasa: Best Time to Visit
It is ideal to visit this place in winter, which starts in October and ends in February.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- faith mysticismCave Of Ved Vyasa : History, Architecture, Celebrations. How To Reach, And Restrictions
- faith mysticismJwalamukhi Yoga 2022: Dos And Don’ts That You Need To Be Aware Of
- faith mysticismWhen Lord Rama Met Shabri: Know About The Nine Levels Of Hindu Devotion
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 27 November To 03 December 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 27 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- faith mysticismSapta Moksha Puri: The 7 Holy Cities To Visit For Final Liberation
- faith mysticismHow Is Yoga Defined In Hinduism? Know The Meaning And Purpose
- festivalsGoddess Pratyangira: A Deity Who Is Worshipped To Remove The Fear Of Enemies
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 26 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- faith mysticismHindu Scriptures: Know About The Inspiration And Authority Behind The Sacred Texts
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 25 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsBanada Ashtami 2022: Know About Date, Time, History, And Significance