- 13 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kiara Advani And Other B-Town Divas Make Fashionable Splash In One-Shoulder Gowns
- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 29 May 2020
- 12 hrs ago Alaya F Represents The Modern Indian Bride Through Her Recent Magazine Cover And How Beautifully!
- 14 hrs ago June 2020: Auspicious Housewarming Dates In This Month
- News Mumbai cop transferred after argument with MLA
- Finance Online Route To Be Made Available For Exiting e-NPS Subscription
- Movies Ponmagal Vandhal Full Movie In HD Print Leaked On Tamilrockers
- Sports Coronavirus: Serie A return 'a victory for Italian football' – Lazio president Lotito
- Technology Flipkart Sale: Must Check Out Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Automobiles 2020 Datsun Redi-GO Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
This year Makar Sankranti is on 15 January. The festival is celebrated when the Sun transits from one zodiac to another.
The Sankranti Moment will be at 02:22 am on 15 January 2020. The Punya Kaal will begin from 07:19 am and end at 12:31 pm. The Maha Punya Kaal will start from 07:19 to 09:03 am and the Sankranti snan (bath) time will begin from the morning of 15 January 2020.
Since the day is determined by the movements of the Sun, Surya worship is believed to be of prime significance on this day.
Donations are very dear to Surya Dev. People donate woollen clothes and other items of use to help the poor and needy amidst the shivering cold of the season. Besides this, here we have brought to you some special tips that you can adopt in order to please the Sun deity. Take a look.
1. Offering Water
One of the best ways to please Surya Dev on any given day is by offering water to him. More so on the day of Makar Sankranti. It is said that offering water to Surya Dev helps achieve success by getting his blessings.
2. Surya Yantra
Makar Sankranti is also considered auspicious for wearing the Surya Yantra. It is a copper locket and is designed like a Sun. The benefits of the planetary position of the Sun are enhanced by wearing it in a red thread around the neck. It can also be worn when the Sun's placement in the birth chart is not a beneficial one. It relieves one of debts and eye ailments and the skin also improves.
3. The Kesar Tilak
Wake up early on Makar Sankranti and take a bath. Worship Surya Dev and chant Aditya Hriday Stotra. Mix some saffron and rosewater (gulabjal) and apply it as a tilak on the forehead. You can save it for later and apply the tilak every day. Doing this helps in getting a good job soon as well as getting a promotion. You can apply the tilak while going for an interview.
4. Aditya Hriday Stotra
Recite Aditya Hriday Stotra every day, for 101 days beginning from the Makar Sankranti day. This helps gain social prestige and thus respect in society. Thus, pleased Surya Dev will empower you and give his blessings soon.