- just now Parenting Tips: Newborn Sleeping Habits Every Parent Must Know
- 14 min ago Paramahansa Yogananda: Priceless Quotes To Be Treasured And Remembered
- 1 hr ago Dangers Of Indoor Tanning: Know Why Is It So Addictive?
- 2 hrs ago Yashoda Jayanti 2023:Know About Date, Time, History, Worship Method, Significance, And Benefits
- News 2023: Tunes based on ragas, mega drone show to be flavour of Beating Retreat ceremony
- Movies ‘Personal Life Is Discussed...', Hrithik Roshan's GF Saba Azad On People Intruding Into Her Personal Life
- Sports Arunachal weightlifter Markio Tario sets sight on Asian Games with his fourth Khelo India Youth Games
- Education TANCET, CEETA 2023 registration will start from Feburary 1; Know How to Apply
- Finance Union Budget 2023: Delicate Act Of Maximizing Fiscal Impulse Amid Consolidation
- Automobiles Bid For Mahindra XUV400 One Special Edition Crosses 1 Crore Mark – Checkout All Details
- Technology Jio True 5G Reaches Northeast India; Now Live In 191 Cities In India
- Travel What Is Sun Tourism And Why Its Trend Worries Himachal Pradesh
Janmashtami, the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna and this year, it will be celebrated on 24th August, Saturday. It marks the day when Lord Krishna was born in the jail cell where his maternal uncle, Kamsa had kept his parents as captives. It is said that when Devaki, Kamsa's sister got married to Vasudev, a prophecy was heard that the eighth child of the couple would bring death to Kamsa. As he got to know this, Kamsa imprisoned both his sister and brother-in-law in Mathura, his kingdom. He would kill every child that was born to Devaki. It is said that their seventh child was mystically transferred to Rohini's womb, by divine powers, and he took birth as Balram, whom we know as Krishna's elder brother.
Krishna was born as the eighth child and soon after the birth, his father carried him to Gokul, amidst the heavy rains, to hide him at the house of Nanda. A girl was born to Yashoda, the wife of Nanda. She did not realize when the babies got exchanged and thought that she had actually given birth to a boy. The whole village of Gokul came to celebrate the day with Nanda family at his house.
The Auspicious Day Krishna Was Born
As per astrology, it was a very auspicious day when Krishna was born - the Ashtami Tithi during Krishna Paksha in the month of Bhadrapad. He was born at midnight, when Rohini Nakshatra (constellation) was set in the sky, Sun was in Leo and Moon was in Taurus. A child born under such a set-up of the stars is considered to be very lucky, not just for his own life, but for the society as a whole.
However, an even interesting fact is that the same set-up of the stars is occurring for Janmashtami this year, September 2, 2018. The Ashtami Tithi will begin at 8:48 pm on September 2 and will end at 7:19 pm on September 3. The starting time for Rohini Nakshatra will be 8:48 pm on September 2 and the ending time would be 8:08 pm on September 3. Thus, the Janmashtami occurring this year will be very fruitful, say the astrologers.
Moreover, Janmashtami will be observed for two days, where the first day, September 2 would be observed at temple and at the houses of priests, the second day, September 3, would be observed by others. The Dahi Handi would be held on September 3.
Along with this, here we give you some mantras that you can chant to please Lord Krishna on this Janmashtami.
Mantras To Chant On Janmashtami
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Ram Hare Ram, Ram Ram Hare Hare
This Mantra is known as Mahamantra, and it became popular during the Bhakti movement of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, during the 15th century.
- Om Namoh Bhagvate Shri Govindaaye
This mantra brings prosperity and fulfilment and is very beneficial for those who desire love marriage.
- Krim Krishnaye Namah
This mantra is believed to have been given by Lord Krishna himself. It brings happiness and removes all kinds of problems in life.
- Shri Krishnay Sharanam Mam
This mantra is also believed to remove all the problems that one might be facing in life.
- Along with all these mantras you can also recite Kanhaiya Stuti, which is said to be one of the supreme ways of pleasing Lord Krishna.
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 29 January To 04 February 2023, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 29 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 27 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 26 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 25 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 24 January 2023: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 23 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 22 January To 28 January 2023, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 22 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 21 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 20 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 19 January 2023: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs