- 2 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 2 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 3 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 4 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- Movies Motichoor Chaknachoor Movie Review: Nawazuddin Siddiqui Saves This Ladoo From Crumbling Into Pieces!
- Sports Curtailed day sees Thai Itthipat surge to the top at Panasonic Open India
- News Congress, Shiv Sena, NCP hold meeting to discuss Common Minimum Programme
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Lord Ganesha is considered as the Lord of prosperity, wisdom and good fortune. Lord Ganesha represents the power of the Supreme Being that takes away obstacles and guarantee victory in human accomplishments. By tradition, every religious festival begins with the worship of Lord Ganesha. The portrayal of Lord Ganesha is in such a way that He is a blend of human and animal parts. These illustrate some philosophical perception of deep spiritual importance which have great role in worshipping Lord Ganesha.
All virtuous qualities and success are believed to be bestowed by Lord Ganesha. Every year, the birthday of Lord Ganesha is celebrated as Ganesh Chaturthi. Take unsullied spiritual resolves and pray to Lord Ganesha for inner spiritual potency to accomplish success in all your deeds. Lord Ganesha will remove all the obstacles of those who worship Him, and bestow all material and spiritual prosperity.
Every form of worship of Lord Ganesha has its own specific explanation. There are many reasons for believers for worshipping Lord Ganesha. It is very interesting and exciting to know the various reasons why Lord Ganesha is in the prime position to be worshipped among Gods. Here are some important reasons why Lord Ganesha is worshipped before any ceremony, ritual or vow.
Remove obstacles: All Hindu believers worship Lord Ganesha in the beginning of any new venture. It is believed that you will attain success in whatever you do if you pleased Lord Ganesha before starting it. He will remove obstacles that may stop your success.
Spiritual insight: Siddhi is considered as one of the wives of Lord Ganesha. Sidhi refers to spiritual power. Worshipping Lord Ganesha is believed to be the best way to attain spiritual insight. Traditionally, an icon with its trunk turned to right side is considered as ‘Siddhi-Vinayak'.
Intelligence: Buddhi is believed to be one of the Ganesha's wives who can be associated with intelligence, wisdom, or intellect. Lord
Ganesha is believed to be the provider of intelligence and wisdom. The elephant head is considered as the sign of intelligence.
Prosperity: Riddhi, one of the wives of Lord Ganesha is the goddess of prosperity. Worshipping Lord Ganesha will provide you with opulence and prosperity throughout your life. Lord Ganesha is believed to be the ruler of the prosperity of our life.
Destroy pride: Worshipping Lord Ganesha is believed to be the best way to destroy vanity, selfishness and pride. Ganesha is the representation of material universe in all its diverse and splendid manifestations.
Conquer emotions: An axe in the upper left hand of Lord Ganesha implies that one should cut worldly attachments. The lotus in the upper right hand entail that one should live without being affected by material emotions.
Obliterate ego: Worshipping Lord Ganesha will devastate any kind of ego that may rule you. The mouse, which is believed to be the vehicle of Ganesha sits near the feet of Ganesha indicating that one will be a perfect person only if he can conquer ego.
Utilise knowledge: The position of Lord Ganesha is in such a way that the right foot is dangling over the left foot. This indicate that in order to live a successful life, one should utilise knowledge and reason (symbolised by the right side) to overcome emotions (symbolised by the left side).
Represent Pranava: Lord Ganesha represents Om or the Pranava. Om is the chief Mantra among the Hindus which is believed to be the first sound. This explains why there is a ritual of invoking Lord Ganesha before beginning any rite or ceremony.
So, you have a nice reason to worship Ganesha and celebrate Ganesh Chaturthi with vigour and devotion.