- 19 min ago Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 2: Maa Brahmacharini Puja: Date, Rituals, History And Significance
- 4 hrs ago 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- 7 hrs ago Hadid Sisters Hit Runway For Marc Jacobs With Partially 'Shaved' Heads And Bleached Brows
- 7 hrs ago July 2022: Lucky And Unlucky Zodiac Signs This Month
- Education AILET Result 2022 Declared At nationallawuniversitydelhi.in, Check Steps To Download Result Here
- News Udaipur incident: 4 accused attacked outside court after being sent to 10-day NIA remand
- Finance BoB Capital Suggests Buy This Mid Cap Consumer Electricals Stock For 43% Potential Upside
- Sports WWE Money in the Bank 2022: Final Men’s Ladder Match participant revealed
- Movies Is it Ajith Vs Vijay For Pongal 2023? Fans Of Both The Actors Await With Bated Breath!
- Automobiles 2022 TVS iQube - Can It Compete With The Best Now?
- Technology Xiaomi 12S Series To Get Eco-Friendly Leather Rear Panel; Expected Features, Specs
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
The anticipation for gifts is an aspect of the Christmas spirit, across the world. A gift from Santa is the wish of all children during Christmas season.
There is a popular belief that Santa visit children by climbing down into the house through the chimney. Why Santa Claus Comes Down The Chimney to give Christmas gifts?
It is a known fact that Santa Claus whom we believe is St.Nicolas, who was born in 280 AD. St.Nicolas was a rich man, a priest who later became a bishop.
St. Nicholas, even as a young man was very generous. Tradition holds that St. Nicholas in order to help a man get his three daughters married, filled their, stockings, which they laid to dry near the fire place.
It is a belief among children that, Santa Claus comes down the chimney to give them gifts. Hence to this day it is a practice that children leave their stockings near the fire place.
As per another version, it is believed that Santa Claus throws gifts through the window. But the tradition of children not getting to see Santa Claus as he leaves his gift is still followed as gifts are placed under the Christmas tree y elders of the family, when the children are asleep.
Hence the belief as to why Santa Claus comes through the chimney to leave the Christmas gifts. Let us celebrate Christmas 2010, understanding the tradition.
- faith mysticismSt. Nicholas Day: Story Behind The Saint Putting Candy In Children's Boots And Inspiring Santa Claus
- lgbtqSanta Claus Looks For Male Partner In Controversial Norway Ad, With Some Positive Reactions, Too
- bollywood wardrobeChristmas 2020: Gift Your Little Sister This Cute Outfit And Hairbands Of Ananya Panday’s To Make Her Smile
- life12 Affordable Christmas Gift Ideas To Make Your Loved Ones Feel Special
- festivalsChristmas 2020: Traditions Related To This Festival And Symbols Attached To It
- faith mysticismWho Is Saint Nicholas In Christianity?
- pulseWhy Is Santa Claus Called 'Santa Claus'?
- faith mysticismWhy Does Santa Claus Wear Red?
- pulseChristmas Wishes â€“ Make The Best Wish
- faith mysticismIs Santa Claus Real?
- faith mysticismSanta Claus-Significance
- insyncMariah Carey Spreads Holiday Cheer To Underprivileged Kids