- 11 hrs ago Aamna Sharif Or Surbhi Chandna, Whose Pretty Floral Dress Would You Like To Flaunt At The Party?
- 11 hrs ago World Population Day 2020: Know About The History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 12 hrs ago Anushka Sharma Exudes Fresh And Lively Vibes In Her Beach-Perfect Breezy Outfits
- 13 hrs ago 7 Sure Ways To Decide Who You Can Trust
- Technology POCO M2 Pro Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 15,000
- Sports England vs West Indies, 1st Test, Day 3 Highlights: Dowrich, Brathwaite fifties help tourists tighten grip
- Movies Charu Asopa On Her Marriage With Rajeev Sen: He Has Moved Out, But I Am Still Staying In The House
- News WHO lauds Dharavi, Asia's largest slum for breaking COVID-19 transmission chain
- Automobiles MG Motor Launches MG-SEWA Parents First Initiative: To Sanitise Owner’s Parent’s Cars
- Finance Nifty Ends Lower Dragged Down By Banks
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In July 2020
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The anticipation for gifts is an aspect of the Christmas spirit, across the world. A gift from Santa is the wish of all children during Christmas season.
There is a popular belief that Santa visit children by climbing down into the house through the chimney. Why Santa Claus Comes Down The Chimney to give Christmas gifts?
It is a known fact that Santa Claus whom we believe is St.Nicolas, who was born in 280 AD. St.Nicolas was a rich man, a priest who later became a bishop.
St. Nicholas, even as a young man was very generous. Tradition holds that St. Nicholas in order to help a man get his three daughters married, filled their, stockings, which they laid to dry near the fire place.
It is a belief among children that, Santa Claus comes down the chimney to give them gifts. Hence to this day it is a practice that children leave their stockings near the fire place.
As per another version, it is believed that Santa Claus throws gifts through the window. But the tradition of children not getting to see Santa Claus as he leaves his gift is still followed as gifts are placed under the Christmas tree y elders of the family, when the children are asleep.
Hence the belief as to why Santa Claus comes through the chimney to leave the Christmas gifts. Let us celebrate Christmas 2010, understanding the tradition.