- 44 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Sufism, a branch of Islam has been practised in the Doda district, where people of different faiths lived in harmony.
Ancient manuscripts, in Persian, bear testimony to the fact that Sufism flourished in Doda district , during the 15th century, spread by Sufi saints, who arrived in Doda from different parts of the country.
17th century marked the prominence of Sufism in Doda, owing to the arrival of Hazrat Shah Mohammed Farid-ud-Din Baghdadi (RA) and his two sons Hazrat Shah Asrar-ud-din (RA) and Hazrat Shah Akhyar-ud-din (RA). However, Sufism had already been introduced in Doda by other saints, including Hazrat Shah Hamdan (RA), Sheikh Noor-ud-din Noorani (RA) and Hazrat Zain-ul-deen Rishi (RA).
These Saints exposed the basic tenets of Islam to people and urged them to be awakened out of the ignorance owing to blind pursuit of ritualism and also illiteracy. These great souls exposed people to Tawhid, or monotheism (oneness of Allah). They urged people to read the Koran and the Hadith.
The tombs of these revered Masters have been flocked by people across the world for spiritual salvation and prosperity in life.