- News Punjab announces 4 week extension of lockdown
- Sports UFC on ESPN 9 results: Burns dominates Woodley in unanimous-decision win
- Finance Markets Next Week: Global Cues To Remain Key
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Ninja 1000, Z650 & Gixxer 250 BS6 Bikes Launched & More
- Movies Sarkaru Vaari Paata Is The Official Title Of Mahesh Babu's #SSMB27 With Parasuram!
- Technology Redmi Note 8, Redmi 8, Redmi 8A Dual Receive Price Hike In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Devotees observed rigorous fast with some of them not even taking a drop of water down their throat . Devotees are also to keep vigil through out the night which forms an important aspect of the Mahashivratri worship.
In addition to the usual celebrations, the Karnataka government has organised about 50, 000 litres of Ganga water which are to be distributed in the Shiva temples across on this special day of Lord Shiva.
The government as a part is to distribute the holy Ganges water in five select major temples in each taluk (sub division of a District) where ten litres of the water will be dispatched for the performance of rituals and also to be distributed amongst the devotees.
In the words of Shetty, Minister of Muzrai Department, praised as the modern Baghiratha for bringing the Gangajal to the devotees in Bangalore said : "We have decided to celebrate this festival significantly by way of performing Abhishekam in all five temples in every Taluk of Karnataka. We are just helping the devotees to make their Shivratri festival more meaningful and joyful".
The minister further added that a night long programme has been organised in the Palace Grounds from 6.30 Pm onwards for the devotees. He also added that the devotees appreciated and attempt.
"That's very good that they are giving the holy water on this special occasion of Shivratri. I''ve never heard like that," said Saurav Roy, a devotee, while the Congress feels that it is a measure taken up the BJP to gather votes in the forth coming elections.
About an estimated 200 litres of Gangajal to sanctify about 40,000 Bangaloreans.
The Gangajal is to be available in the following temples in the city of Bangalore.
Gavi Gangadhareshwar, Gavipuram
Harihareshwara Temple, Hanumantnagar
Jalakanteshwara Temple, Kalasipalayam
Sri Rameshwara Swamy temple, Chamrajpet
Kadu Mallikarjunaswamy Temple, Malleshwaram
Kannikaparameshwari Temple, Vijaynagar
The Shiva Temple, Airport Road
Ekambareshvarar Temple, Shivajinagar
Someshwara Temple, Ulsoor
Mahabaleshwara Temple, Krishnarajapura
In Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, devotees dance on the streets dressing themselves up as ghosts.AGENCIES