- 13 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 14 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 16 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- News Positive impact on investment: IMF supports India's corporate tax cut
- Sports India vs South Africa, 3rd Test: Live Update: India look to sweep series at Ranchi
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Your relationship is going great guns. You really like him/her and he or she seems to be responding very well to you. But at the back of your mind, you have this nagging feeling that you are moving too fast in the relationship. In that case, you need to slow down the relationship. To slow down a relationship that is moving too fast, you need to take some affirmative steps. There is a way to pace your relationship.
Now, you also need to make sure that you slow down the relationship without ending it. It is a very delicate situation and you need to handle it with a lot of care. If you send out the wrong signals while trying to slow down the relationship, then your partner might treat it as a red flag that you don't want to continue the relationship. You need to pass on the message but you have to do it without hurting your partner's feelings.
The best way to slow down a relationship that is moving too fast is to pull on some ‘brakes'. These ‘brakes' have to be used at the most opportune moments in a relationship. If you miss the right ‘moment', then stepping on the brakes will be of no use. So here are some simple ways to slow down a relationship that is spinning out of your control.
Spend A Weekend Away
The best way to slow down an addictive relationship is to spend a weekend away from your partner. Pack your bag and travel out of town for a weekend. Your partner will get the message that he or she doesn't own all your weekends.
Be Serious About Your Work
Never ever allow a relationship to affect your work commitments. In fact, when you feel that a relationship is taking over your life, you have to do all the more work with all the more enthusiasm.
Don’t Be Addicted To Texting Him/Her
You should not be hooked on to your phone because you are texting or talking to him/her all the time. In fact, you need to take phone breaks. Just don't touch your phone when you are working or driving.
Avoid Meeting The Families
Do not take her home for a family dinner and avoid being her plus one for her best friend's wedding. These relationship milestones will push you towards a commitment.
Arrange Group Dates
Do double dating or go out in a group once in a while. This will allow you to meet each other on more neutral ground.
Say You Are Not Ready
If you feel that your partner is really pushing you hard in a situation, then just be honest and say you are not ready. Suppose your boyfriend is really insisting that you meet his parents, then you need to just tell him you are not ready.
Concentrate On Differences
So far you both might seem like soulmates. May be it is time you concentrated on your differences. Talk about differences of opinion and points of view.
Don’t Be Too Pleasing All The Time
Be yourself with him/her, do not try to be pleasing all the time. Let your partner see the good and bad sides of you so that you do not end up giving any false hopes.
Don’t Use ‘Future’ Tense
Never say ‘we' will do in the future or ‘we' will get married in this hall. You should always concentrate on your present instead of talking about your future.
Use The Right Phrases
Always say ‘if things work out between us' or ‘if everything goes well'. This will emphasise on the fact that there is always hope that things may work out between the two of you. But then, you are not committing to anything.
Have Your Own Place
No matter how often you sleep together, maintain your own postal address. Have your own place where you can live your own life without being disturbed.