- 40 min ago Why is Satyanarayana Puja important in Telugu Weddings?
- 47 min ago World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022: History, Significance And Theme
- 2 hrs ago Trained Sniffer Dogs May Accurately Detect COVID Infected Airport Passengers: Study
- 2 hrs ago Happy Shani Jayanti 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages, And Images
- Movies Prithviraj: Akshay Kumar Was Like 'Kid In A Candy Shop' When He Realised The Scale Of Action In The Film
- News Indrani Mukerjea gets bail, SC says she has already spent 6.5 years in jail
- Education MGU CAT Admit Card 2022 Released At cat.mgu.ac.in, Download Hall Ticket Here
- Finance Stock To Buy: Buy This Oil & Gas Stock For 54% Upside, Dividend And Bonus Shares
- Sports Kane Williamson leaves Sunrisers Hyderabad bubble; Who will lead SRH against PBKS on May 22?
- Automobiles Tata Motors Sales Report For April 2022
- Technology Website Trackers Are Saving Email, Password Even Before You Hit "Submit"
- Travel International Museum Day 2022: Best Museums In Bangalore
Friends are so important in our lives. They are the ones who know us well and help us seethe world with different perspectives. It would be no mistake to say that they are the family we choose. To celebrate this spirit of love, emotion and affection, we observe Friendship Day every year on the second Sunday in the month of August. This year the date falls on 1 August 2021.
This year we tried reaching out to some people, asking their equation with their friends. They have shared a few words on the same. Scroll down the article to read more.
1. 'My Friends Are Experts At Playing Pranks.'
Neha (26), who stays in Gurgaon and is a software engineer by profession always looks forward to celebrating Friendship Day with her friends. This year, while recalling some of the moments spent with her friends, she says, 'Nothing in this world can stop my friends from playing pranks. They are always up to something and can't sit quietly for a long time. Their silly pranks make me lively and happy.'
For Neha, her friends matter a lot and she thinks she has got the best ever friends. 'Though my friends are the craziest people I know, I think they are the best. At times, I feel I have been blessed with some of the best people in the world,' she adds further.
2. 'I Have Got The Weirdest Friends.'
Most of us have got friends who are quite weird and funny. They will do certain things others would avoid doing. Raj (31), who works as a Social Media Marketing Manager at a Bengaluru based firm says, 'I have got the weirdest friends in this world. They will do exactly the opposite of what's being told to them. If I ask them to stay quiet while I attend an important call, they will imitate the voices of monkeys, cats and parrots.'
'They won't hesitate from behaving as if they have come straight from jail. They do so to annoy me but perhaps, they don't know, I love being with them,' Raj says further.
3. 'My Best Friend Is No Less Than A Drama Queen.'
One cannot deny that at times, friends do things to get our attention and get their wishes fulfilled. For example, they would throw tantrums just to convince us for a trip they have planned. Shivani, a 27-year-old Quality Engineer from Bihar says, 'My best friend is a drama queen. One day, after I came from the office, I saw her sitting sad and looking pale. When I asked her, she said, 'This is how I would be, if you don't come to the pub with me'.'
Shivani further says, 'Once she started throwing tantrums, after I denied river-rafting. She went on to make me swear on literally everything on this planet. At last, I had to agree for river-rafting.'
4. 'Friends Make My Life Beautiful.'
23-year-old Amrita, a student from Delhi says, 'My friends play an important role in my life. They make my life beautiful. When they are around, I find myself happy and jovial. They have helped me a lot in evolving into a kind, strong and happy individual. I am really thankful to them.'
As per Amrita, she has learned a lot from her friends. They not only help her in studies but also in handling stress and problems. After all, true friends are those who help each other in being a better person.
5. 'Life Would Be So Boring Without Friends.'
A Graphics Designer by profession, 34-year-old Mayank says, 'My life is almost incomplete and boring without my friends. I just can't imagine living without them. They are the ones I look forward to spending my weekends with.'
'Not only this, but they are the ones I share my vulnerabilities and secrets with. They not only listen to me and my problems but also help me in coping with the same.'
Having friends who are caring, loving and supporting is no doubt the best feeling. After all, it is so good to have someone who doesn't belong to your actual family but still plays an important role in your life. This Friendship Day, make your friends feel loved and special by sharing this article with them. We hope you enjoy this day with your friends.
Happy Friendship Day !!!
- relationshipFriendship Day Special: How Friendships Have Evolved In The Pandemic
- beyond loveFriendship Day 2021: Things Only Best Friends Can Relate To
- beyond loveFriendship Day 2021: Different Types Of Friends We All Have In Our Lives
- lifeFriendship Day 2021: Quotes And Messages To Share With Your Friends On This Day
- faith mysticismFriendship Day 2021: Some Iconic Stories About True Friendship In Indian Mythology
- pulseInternational Friendship Day 2021: Best Quotes To Send To Your Friends To Make Them Feel Special
- beyond loveFriendship Day 2021: Friendship Day Goals That We Can Relate To
- beyond loveFriendship Day 2021: Why Are We Celebrating This Day Since 1930
- pulseInternational Friendship Day 2021: Reasons Why Friends Are Important Part Of Our Lives
- parents and childrenNational Sisters Day 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- skin careFriendship Day: Skincare Tips For A Day Out With Your Besties On Video Chat
- lifeFriendship Day 2020: Here’s The History And Significance Of This Day