A casserole is a French term used for a utensil called pan. In France usually people prefer a large deep pan to make a dish and is served in the same. It can be used in the oven as well. The dish made in this utensil is called as a casserole dish. Here we will be making a vegetarian casserole which is made from all kinds of veggies. It is a complete wholesome meal. It can be eaten with or without rice.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Main Course
Olive or rapeseed oil - 1 tbsp
Onion finely chopped - 1
Garlic cloves, sliced - 3
Smoked paprika - 1 tsp
Dried thyme cumin - ½ tsp
Medium carrots sliced - 3
Sticks celery finely sliced - 2 medium
Red pepper, chopped - 1
Yellow pepper, chopped - 1
Tins tomatoes or peeled cherry tomatoes - 2 x 400 g
Vegetable stock cube- 2cups
Courgettes ,sliced thickly - 2
Sprigs fresh thyme - 2
Cooked lentil - 2cups
Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan.
Add the onions and cook gently for 5 - 10 minutes until softened.
Add the garlic, spices, dried thyme, carrots, celery and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, stock, courgettes and fresh thyme and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
Take out the thyme sprigs.
Stir in the lentils and bring back to a simmer.
Serve with wild and white basmati rice, mash or quinoa.
This casserole is best if made the day before to allow the flavours todevelop.
- You can add cheese and mayonnaise while cooking the casserole.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 216 cal
- Fat - 5.1 g
- Protein - 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates - 5 g
- Sugar - 16.1 g
- Dietary Fibre - 9.8 g
- Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin
- Health Benefits Of Turnip
- Are You Eating Every Colour Of The Rainbow?
- Five Anti-tan Foot Pack Recipes That Offer Instant & Long-term Relief
- 5 Vegetable Face Packs To Prepare At Home For A Glowing & Gorgeous Skin
- Vegetable Pinwheel Samosa – Snack For Your Iftar Feast
- Mixed Vegetable Bread Vada
- Best And Healthy Diet Tips For Men's Health
- World Health Day : Tips To Follow If You Want To Improve Your Digestive Health
- This One Vegetable Helps To Regulate Blood Sugar & Thereby Diabetes
- Add These In Your Daily Diet If You Want To Prevent Lung Disease
- Can A Vegetarian Diet During Pregnancy Increase the Risk Of Premature Birth?