- News 36-year-old woman kidnapped, gangraped in cotton field
- Technology Nokia 9.2 PureView Featuring Snapdragon 865 SoC To Launch In 2020
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: How the Lakers legend became an all-time great
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Usually people prefer making chicken and mushroom potpie but here we are sharing a very different recipe where instead of chicken we are using turkey for a change. Incase you wantto make one pot meal for dinner or a pot luck lunch at home try this recipe. It's a sure saver and really lipsmacking recipe for everyone.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: One pot meal
Butter -1 tbsp
Large onion -1
Rashers streaky bacon, chopped -4
Chestnut mushrooms, sliced -1cup
Turkey mince (thigh is best) - 2 cups
Plain flour -½ cup
Chicken stock- 2 cups
Sheet ready-rolled puff pastry -½ x 375g
Egg yolk, beaten -1
Wilted spring greens
Heat the butter in a large pan.
Add the onion and cook for 8-10 minutes until softened.
Add the bacon and mushrooms, and cook until both are browned.
Add the turkey mince, breaking up with a wooden spoon, and cook for another 5 minutes until browned.
Add the flour, stir for 1 minute or so, then pour in the chicken stock and add the thyme.
Mix well and cook over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes until it boils and thickens slightly.
Season to taste and set aside to cool for 10-15 minutes.
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.
Once cooled, divide the turkey mixture between 2 ramekins or mini pie dishes.
Unroll the pastry and cut out 2 squares to sit on top.
Press the edges down the side of the dishes and glaze with the egg yolk.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
Serve with wilted spring greens.
- You can also use turkey breast to prepare the potpie
- Leek can be used to add on flavour to the dish.
- Serving Size - 1 big piece
- Calories - 882
- Fat - 51g
- Protein - 51g
- Carbohydrates - 52g
- Sugar - 8g
- Dietary Fiber - 4g