- 12 hrs ago What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- 14 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu Gives Us Two Stunning Saree Goals; Which One Will You Pick?
- 15 hrs ago Look Fabulous In 5 Minutes! Jacqueline Fernandez-Inspired Cute Braid Is Easy And Quick Hairstyle For Everyday
- 18 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- Sports IPL 2021: I’ve already started enjoying captaincy: Rishabh Pant after Delhi’s six-wicket win over Punjab
- Movies Atharvaa Tests Positive For COVID-19; Reveals That He Has Mild Symptoms
- News Fight against coronavirus, not farmers: Samyukta Kisan Morcha to govt
- Technology Vivo V21 Full Specs Tipped Ahead Of Launch; Dimensity 800U SoC, 64MP Triple Camera Confirmed
- Education JEE Main Exam 2021 News: JEE Main 2021 Postponed For April Session, Dates To Announced Later. Check Details
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Automobiles KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
When it comes to Indian cuisine, you will find a long list of mouth-watering dishes. Right from curry to the gravy, you will get to explore a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. One such recipe is that of Tawa Paneer. It is a semi-dry vegetarian dish prepared using paneer on Tawa, also known as an iron griddle.
This spicy paneer recipe is prepared with curd, onions and tomato puree. This dish is quite easy to prepare and can be prepared using some basic Indian spices. You can prepare this for your children or for guests as a side dish.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Side Dish
1. Paneer Marinade
- 250 grams of paneer (small cubes)
- 3 tablespoons of thick yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 finely chopped medium-sized red onion
- 1-inch finely chopped ginger
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- Puree of 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or as per the taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 3 tablespoons of green onions chopped
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
1. First things first, if you are using paneer bought from any store then soak it into lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Pat dry the paneer and then 1cut it into small cubes.
2. Take a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of thick curd. In case, you do not have thick yogurt, whisk the curd to form a thick consistency.
3. Now add 1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chili powder along with 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Mix everything well.
4. After this, add small paneer cubes to the mixture and let the paneer coat well with the marinade mixture.
5. Now Cover the bowl and refrigerate the paneer marinade for 15-20 minutes.
6. After 15-20 minutes, take a flat tawa and heat 1 tablespoon oil on it.
7. Fry the paneer cubes until they turn slightly brown.
8. Once you have fried all the paneer cubes, heat 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter on the same tawa.
9. Add chopped onions and saute them until golden brown.
10. Add the ginger and chopped green chili.
11. Cook for 2 minutes.
12. Add tomato puree along with tomato sauce.
13. Add all the spices and mix well.
14. Saute until puree gets nicely cooked on medium flame. This will usually take 5-6 minutes.
15. Make sure you scrap the masala on the tawa and push them towards the center of the tawa.
16. Add ½ cup water and mix it with the masala on the tawa.
17. Make sure you push the masala and water towards the center of the tawa.
18. Add kasuri methi, cream and then cook for 1 minute.
19. Now add chopped green chilies to the tawa-fried paneer.
20. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and serve with puri and parathas.
21. You can also garnish with more spring onions and coriander.
- 1 - x
- 412 - kcal
- 13 - g
- 13 - g
- 3 - g