- 32 min ago Ambaji Shakti Peeth Of Himachal Pradesh: Know About The Timings, Architecture, History, And Significance
- 47 min ago Deepika Padukone’s Nomad-Inspired Louis Vuitton Look At The Paris Fashion Week 2022
- 2 hrs ago Goddess Chindi Temple Of Himachal Pradesh: Know About The Architechture, Legend, History And Significance
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 06 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Technology Infinix Zero 20 With 60MP Selfie Camera Goes Official: Specifications, Price
- Movies Arun Vijay, Amy Jackson & Nimisha Sajayan Join Hands With AL Vijay For His Next Film Achcham Enbathu Illaye
- Sports Women's Asia Cup 2022: Thailand create history, beat Pakistan by 4 wickets
- Education 25 Years of Quality Council of India QCI: History, Roles, Achievements & more
- Finance Midcap Developers Stock To Buy, Pre-sales Growth Targeted To Rs. 25b: Motilal Oswal
- News Photo of Rahul Gandhi tying shoelace of mother Sonia Gandhi goes viral
- Automobiles Not A Single Unit Of Toyota Hilux Was Sold In This Indian State - Here’s Why
- Travel Most Interesting Facts About Kullu Dussehra
When it comes to Indian cuisine, you will find a long list of mouth-watering dishes. Right from curry to the gravy, you will get to explore a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. One such recipe is that of Tawa Paneer. It is a semi-dry vegetarian dish prepared using paneer on Tawa, also known as an iron griddle.
This spicy paneer recipe is prepared with curd, onions and tomato puree. This dish is quite easy to prepare and can be prepared using some basic Indian spices. You can prepare this for your children or for guests as a side dish.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Side Dish
1. Paneer Marinade
- 250 grams of paneer (small cubes)
- 3 tablespoons of thick yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 finely chopped medium-sized red onion
- 1-inch finely chopped ginger
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- Puree of 2 medium-sized tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon amchur powder
- ½ teaspoon salt or as per the taste
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon of Kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon of cream
- 3 tablespoons of green onions chopped
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
1. First things first, if you are using paneer bought from any store then soak it into lukewarm water for 20 minutes. Pat dry the paneer and then 1cut it into small cubes.
2. Take a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of thick curd. In case, you do not have thick yogurt, whisk the curd to form a thick consistency.
3. Now add 1 teaspoon of kashmiri red chili powder along with 1 teaspoon of kasuri methi and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Mix everything well.
4. After this, add small paneer cubes to the mixture and let the paneer coat well with the marinade mixture.
5. Now Cover the bowl and refrigerate the paneer marinade for 15-20 minutes.
6. After 15-20 minutes, take a flat tawa and heat 1 tablespoon oil on it.
7. Fry the paneer cubes until they turn slightly brown.
8. Once you have fried all the paneer cubes, heat 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter on the same tawa.
9. Add chopped onions and saute them until golden brown.
10. Add the ginger and chopped green chili.
11. Cook for 2 minutes.
12. Add tomato puree along with tomato sauce.
13. Add all the spices and mix well.
14. Saute until puree gets nicely cooked on medium flame. This will usually take 5-6 minutes.
15. Make sure you scrap the masala on the tawa and push them towards the center of the tawa.
16. Add ½ cup water and mix it with the masala on the tawa.
17. Make sure you push the masala and water towards the center of the tawa.
18. Add kasuri methi, cream and then cook for 1 minute.
19. Now add chopped green chilies to the tawa-fried paneer.
20. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and serve with puri and parathas.
21. You can also garnish with more spring onions and coriander.
- 1 - x
- 412 - kcal
- 13 - g
- 13 - g
- 3 - g
- Tawa Paneer Recipe: Here’s How To Make It In Less Time
- Eat Light And Sleep Tight: How To Prepare Low Carb Whey And Paneer Soup For Dinner
- No Cooking Indian Recipe: How To Make Schezwan Paneer Sandwich
- Kadai Paneer Recipe: Here's How To Prepare It At Home
- Ramadan 2021: Here’s How To Make Paneer Tikka For Iftar
- Paneer Butter Masala Recipe: How To Make It At Home
- Paneer Recipe: How To Make Paneer At Home
- Paneer Kali Mirch Recipe: How To Make Black Pepper Paneer
- Paneer Afghani Recipe | Afghani Paneer Masala Recipe | Easy Afghani Paneer Recipe
- 10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- How To Make Low-calorie Paneer Tikka Recipe
- Paneer Nuggets Recipe