Tamatar ki Launji is the dish made from only tomatoes, where it is cut into big wedges and then cooked with very less spice. It is a little tangy in flavour and can be had with puris or rice.
Chef Ashwani Kumar has given us this tangy recipe of the tamatar ki launji. So, do take a look and try it out.
Recipe By: Chef Ashwani Kumar
Recipe Type: Side dish
Tomatoes - 8 medium
Desi ghee - 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
Sugar - 5 tsp
Sendha namak (rock salt) - to taste
Green chillies - 3
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into wedges.
- Wash and slit green chillies.
- Heat ghee to a smoking point and add cumin seeds.
- Cumin seeds when added to the hot ghee turns to a dark colour immediately.
- This releases its flavour instantly.
- Add all the spices, tomatoes, salt and sugar.
- Stir nicely and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on high flame, until the tomatoes are slightly tender.
- Do not overcook, as the curry may turn into a sauce.
- Garnish with green chillies.
- 1. If you are not preparing this for a Vrat, you can use regular salt instead of rock salt.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 57 cal
- Fat - 0.2 g
- Protein - 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates - 1 g
- Sugar - 0.1 g
- Dietary fibre - 3.5 g
- Moisturizing Masks To Tackle Extremely Flaky Scalp
- 10 Molybdenum-rich Foods To Include In Your Diet
- List Of 11 Foods That Cause Inflammation Of The Joints
- 10 Food Combinations To Avoid That Can Harm Your Health
- Jowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home
- Top 12 Vitamin A Rich Foods To Overcome Vitamin A Deficiency
- 11 Foods You Should Never Refrigerate
- 10 Natural Tomato Facial Masks To Get Rid Of Pigmentation
- Egg Omelette Recipe
- Egg Palya Recipe: How To Prepare Egg Palya At Home
- Egg Masala Recipe: How To Prepare Egg Masala At Home
- How To Prepare Mediterranean Shakshuka At Home
- Palak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry