- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 05 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 13 hrs ago Iconic Band Depeche Mode Announce New Album And World Tour
- 14 hrs ago Jacqueline Fernandez's Go-To Haircare Ingredients Are Egg White And Beer: Ways To Add It To Your Hair Care
- 15 hrs ago Happy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: TV Star Scores High In The Fashion Game
- Sports Mumtaz Khan wins FIH Women's Rising Star of the Year Award 2022, wows to improve her game further
- Movies Godfather Review: Chiranjeevi's Remake Is Quite Different From Lucifer
- News Elon Musk to go ahead with $54.20 a share Twitter deal
- Finance ICICI Securities Upgraded This Small Cap Service Sector Stock From Hold To Add, Shares Can Surge 10%
- Technology Google Pixel Watch To Break Cover On October 6: Everything We Know So Far
- Automobiles Zontes Motorcycles Launched In India: Chinese Motorcycles Priced Higher Than The Competition
- Education Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling registration begins: apply by October 10
- Travel Bisti Widlerness: A Must-See Natural Wonder In The USA
The most important Islamic festival Ramadan will begin on 2 April and ends on 2 May. Ramadan is a holy month when the followers of Islam observe a fast from dawn to sunset by abstaining from foods and drinks and then feast with delicacies that may include fruits, vegetables, meats, dairy and nuts.
Sweets are a great addition to the meal. Studies say that the consumption of high-calorie sweets after a meal can increase sugar levels and put people at risk of diabetes and heart diseases.  Therefore, low-calorie sweet items (if desired) could be the best add-on to iftar (the meal consumed to break the fast after sunset during Ramadan) and also good for the tastebuds.
Kalakand, one of the famous sweets is made with 'chenna' or paneer. Here's how to prepare kalakand with a blend of carrots. Take a look.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snacks
Serves: 4 (8 pieces)
- Half teaspoon of ghee.
- Half bottle of condensed milk (397 g can).
- Two medium-sized carrots, grated.
- One-fourth teaspoon of cardamom powder.
- Half litre of milk.
- Around 2-4 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- A few cashews/almonds for garnish.
- A muslin cloth and a sieve.
- Bring the milk to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling, add lemon juice.
- The milk will start to curdle. If the process of curdling has not started, add more lemon juice.
- Once the milk is curdled, switch off the flame and allow it to rest for around five minutes.
- Put a clean muslin cloth over the sieve and separate the curdled portion (paneer) and water.
- Squeeze out excess water by pressing the cloth and tie it hanging until use.
- In a pan, add ghee and allow it to melt.
- Add carrots and stir them for around five minutes.
- Add condensed milk and mix well.
- You will observe that carrots will start releasing the moisture and make the milk thin, and then start to thicken after a few minutes.
- Allow them to cook for a while, stirring occasionally.
- Once the carrots start thickening, add chenna or paneer.
- Continue cooking for around 5-7 minutes or until the mixture thickens.
- Add cardamom powder.
- On a square plate, transfer the mixture and spread evenly.
- Allow it to refrigerate for around four hours.
- Cut into a square shape and serve.
- To save time, you can directly use market-based paneer. However, the homemade paneer will taste better compared to the market-bought one.
- People - 1 (2 kalakand)
- Calories - 53
- Fat - 2g
- Carbohydrates - 5g
- Potassium - 173 mg
- Try The Delicious Kalakand Sweet Recipe
- Diabetic-Friendly Recipes For Ramadan: How To Prepare Banana-Pecan Oatmeal Cups
- Mango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- Eid Mubarak: 5 Home Decor Ideas for Eid Al-Fitr 2022
- Quick Ramadan Recipe For Iftar: How To Prepare Savory And Crispy Keema Samosa
- Ramadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- Ramadan 2022: Start Date, End Date, Sighting Of Moon, Fasting And Significance
- Eid-Ul-Fitr 2021: Cool Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones Within Budget
- Jamat-Ul-Vida 2021: Know About The Last Friday Of Ramadan
- Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan, Divyanka Tripathi And Others’ Pretty Palazzo Sets Could Be Your Festive Look
- Ramadan Amidst COVID-19: How To Keep The Spirit Of The Festival Alive Along With Staying Healthy
- Ramadan 2021: Gauahar Khan’s Embroidered Blue Lucknowi Kurti Is All You Need To Ace Festive Look