Quiche is a savoury, open pastry crust with a filling made with eggs and milk or cream with one or more of cheese layers, meat, seafood or vegetables added to it. Quiche can be served either hot or cold. It is part of the French cuisine but is also popular in other countries, particularly as a party food.
Prawns are one of the key ingredients of this dish! As we all know, seafood is very healthy for us, as it is rich in protein and other micro and macronutrients as well, similarly prawns are also a rich source of lean protein.
Chef Rahis Khan has given us a recipe where the filling of quiche is done by prawns with a hint of lemon. We're sure seafood lovers will definitely try out this recipe.
Recipe By: Chef Rahis Khan
Recipe Type: Main Course
Fresh prawn - 210 g
Green onions (thinly sliced) - 4
Chopped fresh dill - 1 tbsp
Finely grated lemon rind - 1 tbsp
Filo pastry - 2 sheets
Eggs - 4
Reduced fat milk - ¼th cup
1. Now for the preparation of this dish, firstly we will set the oven to preheat mode to a temperature of 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
2. All we need now are onions, peas, lemon rind and dill.
3. Take a deep bowl, and in which we will combine all the ingredients and make a mixture of it.
4. Put the onions in the bowl, post that it's time now to just go ahead and chop down the fresh dill.
5. Put the chopped dill in the same bowl in which the onions are kept.
6. Now, we need finely grated lemon rind.
7. Put the sliced onions, chopped dill and finely grated lemon rind together in the bowl and prepare a mixture.
8. Add prawns and peas to the mixture we have made and keep it aside in the bowl. Stir well to combine all these, so that all these ingredients mix up well.
9. Place 1 filo sheet on a flat surface.
10. Spray with oil on the filo sheet.
11. Repeat layering with the remaining filo and oil. Line the base and sides of the prepared pan with filo.
12. Here we will use 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites.
13. Now, whisk 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, ¼th cup of milk and parmesan cheese in a bowl and make a mixture of it.
14. Roll up the overhanging filo sides and make sure to roll the sides gently.
15. Now, we will start with the baking process.
16. Bake this for 35 minutes or until it turns golden brown and after that add the cooked prawn to it.
17. The dish is now ready to be served.
- 1. You can add cheddar cheese on the filo pastry according to your preference.
- Serving size - 1 filo pastry
- Calories - 360 cal
- Fat - 21 g
- Protein - 26 g
- Carbohydrates - 21 g
- Sugar - 6 g
- Dietary fibre - 1 g