Samosa is a hot favourite snack item, which is very popular in North India. We have often tried triangle-shaped samosas. However, this time, let's try a different kind of a samosa recipe that looks different and also when you keep it in front of the guests, they'd definitely find it to be very exotic and fancy.
The filling is always done with a potatoes and peas mixture, but you can also swap it with corn and cheese or may be with mixed veggies and paneer. So, try this samosa and surprise everyone.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Snacks
For making dough:
Maida (all-purpose flour) - 1 cup
Salt - ¼th tsp
Oil or ghee - 2-2.5 tbsp
Oil - to fry the samosas
Potato - 2 medium (boiled)
Green peas - ¼th cup
Paneer - 1.5-inch square piece
Cashew nuts - 4-5 (chopped)
Raisins - 1 tbsp
Green chilli - 1 (finely chopped)
Salt - ¼th tsp
Red chilli powder - less than ¼th tsp
Garam masala - less than ¼th tsp
Green coriander - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Add salt and oil in maida (all-purpose flour).
- Pour water to knead the dough.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes, until it becomes soft.
- Cover the dough and keep it for 20 minutes, so that it gets fermented.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing for the samosa.
- Preheat a pan with 1-2 tsp of oil.
- Peel the potatoes and mash them finely.
- Add green chillies, peas in the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mash the peas as well. Also, add the mashed potatoes, paneer chunks, cashew nuts, raisins, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala and green coriander in the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Stuffing for the samosas is ready.
- Knead the dough more to make it softer.
- Make small balls out of the dough. 8-10 balls can be prepared with this much quantity of the dough.
- Cover the balls with a cloth, so that they don't get dried up.
- Take one ball and roll it and make sure it doesn't become much thin.
- Take the puri in your hand and place 1-1.5 tsp stuffing in the center.
- Now, apply little water at the corners of the puri and give it a shape of a potli.
- Seal it from all sides very carefully.
- Now, take a pan to heat oil.
- Place 3-4 samosas or as many as possible at a time and fry them on medium flame, till they get golden brown in colour.
- Take out the fried samosas in a plate.
- Likewise, prepare and fry all the samosas.
- Pinning hot potli samosas are ready. Serve with green coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
- Serves - 1 samosa
- Calories - 80 cal
- Fat - 5 g
- Protein - 1 g
- Carbohydrates - 8 g
- Sugar - 0 g
- Dietary fibre - 1 g
- Shenga Holige Recipe | How To Make Peanut Poli | Shenga Poli Recipe | Peanut Obatu Recipe
- Rava Kheer Recipe | How To Make Suji Ki Kheer | Ugadi-special Rava Payasam Recipe
- Holi Special Kesar Pista Phirni Recipe: How To Make Kesar Pista Phirni
- Holi Special Thandai Recipe: How To Make Thandai At Home
- Avarekalu Saru Recipe: How To Make Avarekalu Saru Easily At Home
- Healthy Snacks: How To Make Avarekai Mixture
- How To Make Avarekai Palya At Home
- How To Make Avarekai Roti
- Yellow Bell Pepper Idli Cupcakes Recipe
- Gluten-free Singapore Vermicelli Noodles
- How To Prepare Milk Cake Baklava
- Vegetable Sagu Recipe: How To Prepare Mix Veg Sagu