Paneer is an all-time favourite among the people of India. You do not even have to be a vegetarian to relish it. There are many staunch non-vegetarians who will never miss out on an opportunity to enjoy this delectable ingredient.
Paneer is very flexible and can be added into various kinds of dishes. You can make it into the popular butter paneer, or it can be cooked as the Indo-Chinese paneer manchurian. It can be added to biriyanis and pulaos. You can turn it into snacks and finger foods.
Today, we bring to you a delectable recipe with paneer as its main ingredient. The recipe we chose for you is the Paneer Tikka Roll. You might think that with a name like that, the recipe will contain a lot of ingredients and will probably take a long time to prepare. If so, you are mistaken.
This recipe of Paneer Tikka Roll is so easy to make that it is a child's play. Quite literally! You can delegate kids at your home to help you with this and it will be ready in a jiffy. The ingredients used are easily available and we bet that you probably have them all in your pantry.
So, without further ado, let's start making these tasty paneer tikka rolls.
Recipe By: Boldsky Staff
Recipe Type: Snacks
Yellow and red bell peppers/capsicum - ½ each
Onion - 1
Red chilli powder - ¼th tsp
Cumin powder - ¼th tsp
Coriander powder - ¼th tsp
Turmeric powder - 2 pinches
Ajwain - 2 pinches
Gram flour - 2 tbsp
Curd - 1½ tbsp
Paneer - 100 grams
Olive oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Chappati - 1
1. Chop the bell peppers into strips or cubes.
2. Chop the onions finely.
3. Cut the paneer into cubes.
4.Take a pan and add olive oil into it.
5. When the oil gets heated up, add the onions and sauté until translucent.
6. Now, add the bell peppers and sauté for a few minutes.
7. Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and ajwain.
8. Take a bowl and add the curd and gram flour in it.
9. Mix them well to form a paste.
10. Add this paste to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
11. Now, add the paneer and mix well.
12. Cook the paneer mixture till it's done.
13. Take a chappati and heat both sides of it well on a tawa.
14. You may use the left-over chappati to make the Paneer Tikka Rolls and need not make fresh ones.
15. Now place the chappati on a plate and scoop generous amounts of the paneer masala onto the chappati.
16. Roll the chappathi, wrap the roll in a tissue or butter paper.
17. Serve warm.
- 1.You can add a splash of green chutney with spring onions to enhance the flavour of the dish.
- Serving size - 1 roll
- Calories - 170 cal
- Fat - 6 g
- Protein - 1 g
- Carbohydrates - 28 g
- Sugar - 15 g