Mushroom risotto is an authentic Italian recipe, which takes a little time to make but the end result is really creamy and tasty. It can be made in the veg or non-veg style and in whatever way that you like.
The rice used in this recipe is not a regular one but we use a special risotto rice, which is available in the market by the name of Arborio rice. Do try this recipe at home and let the flavours melt in your mouth.
Recipe By: Chef Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Recipe Type: Main Course
Arborio rice - 2 cups
Onion (chopped) - ¼th cup
Piece of celery (chopped) - 2 inch
Piece of carrot (chopped) - 2 inch
Finely chopped garlic - ½ tsp
Mushrooms (finely chopped) - 7-8
Veg or chicken stock - 2 cups
Parmesan cheese - 4 tbsp
Butter - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt and pepper
1. For the risotto, heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the onion, carrot and celery.
3. Season it lightly, add the garlic.
4. Now, add the chopped mushrooms, saute until it has softened up.
5. Now, add the Arborio rice and toast it in the pan for a few minutes.
6. Now, add the little stock, mix properly.
7. Let the stock get evaporated.
8. Then, again add a little bit of the stock.
9. Keep on adding, little stock at a time, till the rice is cooked.
10. Now, add butter and parmesan to it.
11. Mix until the butter has nicely melted.
- 1. You can use shallots instead of onions to give it a better taste.
- 2. Portobello mushrooms are recommended rather than button mushrooms.
- Serving Size - 1 cup
- Calories - 206 cal
- Fat - 3 g
- Protein - 3 g
- Carbohydrates - 28 g
- Sugar - 2 g