- 2 hrs ago Teja Dashmi 2021: Date, History, Significance And Legends Associated With This Festival
- 4 hrs ago No Of People Who Got At Least One Jab In India Highest In World: Health Ministry
- 5 hrs ago Orthopedist Explains Symptoms And Gives Advice On Long COVID-19
- 6 hrs ago Sun Transit in Virgo On 17 September 2021 Effects on Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Finance Paras Defence IPO To Open on Sep 21; Sets Price Band at Rs 165-175 Per Share
- Sports IPL 2021: KKR skipper Morgan, coach McCullum excited about playing in front of fans
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Explains He Lives In A Rented House After Fan Spots Damp Wall In His Recent Post
- News Why Dharmendra Rajpoot stands out as a Journalist among others?
- Technology 5G Spectrum Auction Might Take Place In February 2022
- Education Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Date, History, Significance And All You Need To Know
- Automobiles Tata Punch Bookings Started Unofficially Ahead Of India Launch: Expected Price & More Details
- Travel Why You Should Visit India's Least-Visited Beautiful Places
Are you bored of having plain and steamed rice for your lunch and wondering to try something new and delicious? If yes, then we are here with a rice recipe that you would definitely love to have. The recipe that we are going to share with you is of lemon rice. It is a South Indian dish prepared using cooked rice, urad dal, lemon juice and mustard seeds. The dish has a crunchy and tangy flavour and is extremely mouth-watering.
You can prepare it for your maincourse food. It is quite simple to prepare and is quite healthy as well. So, without wasting any time, let us go through the recipe and know how to prepare it. Scroll down to read on.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Meal
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 dry red chilies
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon of skinned and split urad dal
- 1 teaspoon chopped green chilies
- 10-12 roughly chopped curry leaves
- 7-8 cashews
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ¼ cup peanuts
- Salt as per taste
- First of all, you need to ensure you have a cup of freshly cooked rice. In case, you don't have cooked rice, you can cook them beforehand.
- Take a frying pan and heat 1 tablespoon of seasame into it.
- Once the oil gets slightly heated, fry ¼ cup of peanuts into it.
- Make sure you don't over fry them. Take out the fried peanuts and keep them aside. In the same oil, fry cashews 1 minute. While frying, you will see that the cashews turn golden.
- Take out and keep them aside.
- Once you are done frying cashews as well, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil to the same pan. Heat it on medium flame.
- Next, add mustard seeds and let them splutter for a minute or two. Next add urad dal into the same pan and fry it until slightly golden. Keep the flame low-medium.
- Add the red chilies, chopped green chilies and curry leaves into the same pan. Sauté on low flame until chilies change their color.
- Turn off the flame add turmeric along with asafoetida. Mix well.
- Pour this tempering into the cooked rice. Next add fried cashews and peanuts as well.
- Next, add salt and lemon juice into the rice.
- Combine well to make sure everything mix well.
- Keep the bowl covered to make sure the flavours blend well.
- You can garnish with some chopped cilantro and lemon wedges.
- Serve the lemon rice with chutney.
- You can also serve the lemon rice with vegetable salad.
- Always use non-sticky and freshly cooked rice for this recipe.
- Make sure you use good quality peanuts and cashews.
- You can also sprinkle some grated coconut for garnishing this recipe.
- People - 2
- Calories - 458 kcal
- Fat - 22g
- Protein - 9g
- Carbohydrates - 56g
- Fiber - 3g