People who are a fan of Kaju katli will love this sweet. Usually we have seen kaju rolls and kaju katli in different shapes and forms, but kaju flower is something which is very unique and different in flavour and shape.
Chef Kasiviswanathan has shared a very interesting recipe for the festive season ahead. Do try this at home and get hands on in making the kaju flowers, so that you can make the perfect ones later.
The colours to be used in the food should be of a good quality and we should buy it from authorized shops only.
Recipe By: Chef Kasiviswanathan
Recipe Type: Sweets
Cashew nut (powdered) - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Food colour (red, green and yellow) - Little
Water - ½ cup
Milk - 2 tsp
1. Take a pan and fill it with water.
2. Mix sugar in water, filled in the pan.
3. Place the pan over moderate heat and cook.
4. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of milk and remove any impurities that float to the surface.
5. Drain and transfer into another pan.
6. Place over moderate heat and cook till a one-string consistency is reached.
7. Add powdered cashews and keep stirring constantly.
8. Continue to simmer till it achieves a dosa batter-like consistency.
9. Remove and keep it aside to cool.
10. Once it has reduced to a chapati dough-like consistency.
11. Divide it into 3 or more portions.
12. To each portion, add one food colour and shape them into flowers.
13. Arrange on a plate and serve.
- 1. The consistency of the sugar syrup is very critical in this recipe. It must be of a one-string consistency.
- 2. If the dough is too dry, add a little amount of milk to make it into a perfect medium-soft dough.
- Serving size - 1 piece
- Calories - 60 cal
- Fat - 3 g
- Protein - 1 g
- Carbohydrates - 6 g
- Sugar - 4 g