- 7 hrs ago World Photography Day 2022: Date, Theme, History, Celebrations, Significance and Activities
- 8 hrs ago Century-Old TB Vaccine Could Be Effective Against Covid-19 And Other Infections: New Study
- 8 hrs ago Hair Slugging - The Newest Beauty Trend For Healthy Hair
- 8 hrs ago 7 Times Ranveer Singh Broke Gender Stereotypes In Fashion
- News Govt reviews windfall gains tax, cuts tax on domestic crude oil
- Sports Maharaja T20 Trophy: Mysuru Warriors win a thriller against Hubli Tigers
- Movies Nassar Meets With An Accident While Shooting; Suffers Minor Injuries
- Travel World Photography Day 2022: Prettiest Cities In The World For Instagram Pictures
- Technology Janet Jackson’s Hit Song Could Destroy Laptops, Reveals Microsoft Engineer
- Finance Buy This Multibagger Cement Stock For Target Price Of Rs 3020, Reported Strong Quarter
- Education CGPSC SO, CMO 2022 Exam Date Announced; Check Schedule Here
- Automobiles Porsche 911 GT3 RS 992 Revealed With Bonkers Aero Package & 518bhp
Buckwheat (kuttu) is a highly-nutritious superfood that may help improve heart health, manage diabetes, promote weight loss and prevent iron deficiency in the body. It is a good source of protein, fibre, iron, potassium, calcium, selenium, manganese, folate, vitamin B complex and magnesium. 
A khichdi made with buckwheat seeds (as it is not a true grain but the seeds of a plant) and vegetables, along with aromatic spices could be a healthy and delicious meal option, especially for people with heart diseases and anaemia.
Here is the recipe for buckwheat and vegetable khichadi.
How To Prepare Buckwheat And Vegetable Khichdi
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Vegetarian
- One-third cup of buckwheat (seeds), washed and drained.
- Half cup of fresh vegetables, chopped. You can use any seasonal vegetables like potatoes, carrots, peas, beans, cauliflower and capsicum.
- One-fourth cup of split yellow moong gram (moong dal), washed and drained.
- One-fourth teaspoon of black pepper powder.
- 1-2 cloves.
- A pinch of asafoetida.
- One-fourth teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- A few green chillies as per taste.
- One-fourth teaspoon of turmeric.
- A teaspoon of ghee.
- Salt to taste.
- In a pressure cooker, heat ghee and crackle cumin seeds, cloves and asafoetida.
- Add buckwheat, split yellow moong gram and vegetables and saute them for around 2-3 minutes on a high flame.
- Add turmeric, black pepper, green chillies and salt to taste.
- Mix them well.
- Add around two cups of water and pressure cook the khichdi for up to three whistles.
- Serve hot with dahi, pickle and papad.
- You can add a bit of garam masala powder for added flavour.
- People - 1
- Carbohydartes - 34.6 g
- Protein - 8.4 g
- Fiber - 5.4 g
- Sprouts Dhokla Recipe: How To Make Moong Dal Dhokla
- Makar Sankranti 2022: Cultural Significance Of Having Khichdi On This Festival
- How To Make Bajra Khichdi, A Low Calorie, Recipe
- Soybean And Diabetes: Know How It Helps Control Glucose Levels
- 15 Amazing Health Benefits Of Zucchini
- From Controlling Diabetes To Curing Fever, Here Are The Amazing Health Benefits Of Snake Gourd
- Homemade Vegetable Face Packs For Glowing Skin
- Vegetarian Casserole Recipe: How To Prepare Mixed Vegetable Casserole
- Are You Eating Every Colour Of The Rainbow?
- Five Anti-tan Foot Pack Recipes That Offer Instant & Long-term Relief
- 5 Vegetable Face Packs To Prepare At Home For A Glowing & Gorgeous Skin
- Vegetable Pinwheel Samosa – Snack For Your Iftar Feast