- 11 min ago Look Fabulous In 5 Minutes! Jacqueline Fernandez-Inspired Cute Braid Is Easy And Quick Hairstyle For Everyday
- 3 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- 17 hrs ago Ramadan 2021: Is It Safe For People With Diabetes To Fast? COVID-19, Associated Risks And Management
- 18 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Different Names Of Lord Rama Along With Their Meanings
- News India records highest single-day rise of 2,61,500 Covid-19 cases, 1,501 deaths
- Automobiles KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- Sports IPL 2021: CSK vs RR Dream11 Team Prediction, Tips, Probable Playing 11 Details
- Technology Dogecoin And Its Rising Popularity Explained: How And Where To Buy Dogecoins?
- Movies The Lord Of The Rings Show With Amazon Prime Video May Cost $465M For One Season
- Finance What is Demand Draft Validity Period?
- Education Bangalore University UG And PG Exams Postponed Indefinitely
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Holi is not just a festival but also an emotion. People observe the festival by smearing colours and sharing delicacies with loved ones. This year Holi will be observed on 28 and 29 March 2021 with Holika Dahan being on 28 March while Rangapanchami on 29 March. Though playing colours is the major highlight of this festival, one cannot deny that having gujiyas is also a must-haves during this festival. For those who have no idea about gujiyas, it is a snack prepared using all-purpose flour and semolina, sugar and dry fruits filling.
This Holi enjoy the festival by making delicious gujiyas and sharing with your loved ones. In order to know how gujiyas are made, scroll down to read the recipe in this article.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snacks
For Preparing The Dough
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour, also known as maida
- 4 tablespoons of melted ghee
- ½ cup of water for kneading the dough
For Preparing The Filling
- 1 cup of semolina
- 3 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 2½ tablespoons of finely chopped almond
- 2½ tablespoons of finely chopped cashews
- ½ cup of grated dried coconut
- 1½ cups of mawa or khoya (milk solids)
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- ½ cup fine sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- oil or ghee for frying
Making the dough
1. First of all take four in a large bowl and add ghee into it.
2. Mix the flour well to make sure that the flour gets combined well.
3. Add water into the flour to knead into a firm dough.
4. Now cover the dough with a soft and damp cloth. You can also use a damp paper towel.
Preparing the filling
1. Now let us prepare the filling.
2. For this, take 1 tablespoon of ghee and heat it in a pan. Make sure to keep the heat on medium flame.
3. Now add chopped raisins, almonds and cashews in the ghee and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add semolina into the pan and roast for 2-3 minutes.
5. Do not burn the ingredients.
6. After this, add grated coconut and roast for until it slightly fragrant.
7. Take it out and keep it aside.
8. Now add grated mawa to the same pan and roast for 5 minutes. You will see that the mawa changes its colour.
9. Now blend the mawa in a blender by adding 2 tablespoons of milk. The blended mawa will become extremely smooth.
10. Now transfer the mawa into a mixing bowl and then add the mixture of almonds, cashews and grated coconut.
11. Now add sugar and cardamom powder into the same bowl and mix everything well.
12. The filling is finally ready.
Make the Gujiya
1. Now divide the dough into small balls of equal size.
2. Keep the balls covered while you roll them one by one.
3. Roll the balls into a sphere of 4-5 cm diameter.
4. Now apply water on the sides of the rolled sphere.
5. Place a tablespoon of filling in between of the sphere.
6. Make sure you do not overfill the filling.
7. Now fold it into a semi-cricle.
8. Press the ends together and remove the excess dough.
9. If you want to knit the sides into a design then you can do the same.
10. Repeat the process unless you make all the gujiyas.
11. You can also make more gujiyas from the excess dough that you removed.
12. Meanwhile heat oil or ghee in kadahi. Once the oil/ghee gets hot, fry the gujiyas from both the sides.
13. Fry the gujiyas while keeping the flame medium.
14. Keep frying until the gujiyas turn slightly golden in colour.
15. Fry all gujiyas similarly.
16. Serve hot or store it in a air-tight container.
- Mix the flour well to make sure that the flour gets combined well.
- Count - 20
- Calories - 197kcal
- Fat - 10 g
- Protein - 4g
- Carbohydrates - 22 g
- Sugar - 6g