- 1 hr ago Over 104.5 Crore COVID-19 Vaccine Doses Provided To States, UTs: Centre
- 7 hrs ago Karwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits
- 18 hrs ago Deficiency Of These Vitamins And Minerals Can Cause Insomnia
- 20 hrs ago COVID-19: Back-To-School Tips For Parents And Children
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 5 Elimination: Priya Gets Evicted From The Show
- Sports Washington Sundar hopes to recuperate from injury and return to action soon
- Finance LIC Mutual Fund Launched Balanced Advantage Funds BAFs: Should One Invest?
- News Amit Shah to inaugurate research centre at IIT Jammu, address rally today
- Technology How To Check Jio Number: USSD Codes, SMS, MyJio App And More
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
- Education ICSE, ISC Board Exams Revised Datesheet 2021-22 Released By CISCE, Check Time Table Here
- Automobiles Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
Gobi 65 is a lip-smacking snacks that everyone will love to have. Crunchy, spicy and crispy, Gobi 65 is fried cauliflower snack that you can enjoy during this monsoon season. Prepared using cauliflower florets, gram flour, rice flour, spices and chilies, it is mouth-watering. This fried snack can be served as starters. The reason why the recipe is known as Gobi 65, is because it belongs to a '65' recipe series which originated in a Hyderabadi hotel in 1965.
People love to have Gobi 65, with tomato sauce and chilly sauce. However, you can have it with your favourite dip. Today we are here to share the recipe of Gobi 65. Read on to know more.
Recipe By: Boldsky
Recipe Type: Snacks
- 3 cups of small to medium cauliflower florets
- hot water for covering gobi florets
For Red Paste
- 3-4 dry red chilies soaked in ¼ cup hot water
- 1½ teaspoons of chopped garlic
- 1½ teaspoons of chopped ginger
- water for blending
- 5 tablespoons of gram flour
- 4 tablespoons of rice flour
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- water as needed for batter
- salt as required
- oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- ¼ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 green chilies, slit
- 2-3 dry red chilies
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- sugar as per taste (optional)
- First of all chop cauliflowers in small florets.
- Rinse the florets well and keep them in a bowl.
- Now add hot water in the bowl such that the florets are inside the hot water.
- Cover and blanch for 15 minutes.
- Take a small bowl and add ¼ hot water, and soak 3-4 dry red chilies into it for 10 minutes.
- In a blender jar, add 1½ tablespoons of both ginger and garlic cloves. Add the soaked red chilies. Make sure you drain the water before adding the red chilies.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and grind the ingredients until you get a smooth paste.
- Keep the paste aside.
- Now drain the florets from the hot water and keep them aside in a mixing bowl.
- Add the ginger, garlic and dry red chilies paste into it.
- Next add rice flour, gram flour, and corn starch to it.
- Next add red chili powder along with turmeric, coriander and garam masala powder.
- After this, add 1 teaspoon of lemon juice into it.
- Add salt and then mix everything well.
- You can also add water to make sure that the batter coats the florets well without being runny.
- Cover the bowl and let the florets marinate for 20-25 minutes.
Frying Marinated Cauliflower
- Next, heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Once the oil becomes hot, fry the florets in batches.
- Make sure the oil doesn't get hot.
- Turn and fry the florets from all the sides till they turn crispy and golden or slightly brown.
- Keep the fried florets on a kitchen towel.
- After you are done frying the florets, take 2 tablespoons of oil in a separate kadai.
- Add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Then, add 2-3 dry red chilies and fry until the chilies turn a bit darker.
- Add slit green chilies and saute.
- Add 5 curry leaves, finely chopped garlic, ginger and onions.
- Sauté the onions till they turn translucent.
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar. Mix everything well.
- Next, add the fried florets. Combine everything and turn off the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
- People - 3
- Calories - 331kcal
- Fat - 18g
- Protein - 7g
- Carbohydrates - 37g
- Fiber - 7g