Who doesn't enjoy hot steamy dumplings in the monsoons? We guess no one wants to miss a chance to enjoy this yummy recipe of vegetable dumplings accompanied by a sour and sweet honey dip.
This dumpling has tofu, different veggies and the best part is that the dumpling is made from whole wheat flour rather than refined flour.
Chef Anirudh Nautiyal gives us a simple recipe for the same. So let's try this healthy option switch this monsoon.
Recipe By: Chef Anirudh Nautiyal
Recipe Type: Snacks
Carrot - ¼th cup
Beans - ¼th cup
Broccoli - ½ cup
Cabbage - ¼th cup
Spinach - ½ cup
Tofu - 7-8 small pieces
Salt to taste
Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
Garlic - 1 tbsp
Light soy sauce - 2 tsp
Ginger - 1 tbsp
Lemon - 2 tsp
Honey - 2 tbsp
Spring onion - ¼th cup
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
1. To start with the preparation of the dish, first take a deep bottomed bowl to knead the flour well.
2. Now, put the flour and water in a recommended quantity in that bowl. Knead it thoroughly.
3. Add a little salt to the mixture of flour and water while kneading it.
4. Make sure to cover the dough properly.
5. Take another deep bottomed bowl and get all the veggies required such as carrot, broccoli, cabbage, etc.
6. Now, make a mixture by putting all these veggies in a bowl collectively.
7. Add chopped ginger, garlic cloves and little light soya sauce to this mixture.
8. Now, add spinach to this mixture, as it contains a high amount of carbon and several other micro-nutrients as well.
9. Take the piece of tofu and mash it well.
10. Add the mashed tofu and also add pok choy to the mixture and now it is time to let the mixture cool down.
11. Now, sheet the dough and make dim sum and make sure to keep it covered.
12. Take some oil and then apply a little oil to the tray, so that the dim sum doesn't stick.
13. Now we have to steam the dim sums well, as steaming will enhance the flavour.
14. Make sure that the dim sum gets steamed well and now it is ready to serve.
15. Take a platter, garnish it well and serve it hot with a honey dip and also add lemon juice to the dish.
16. Your dish is now finally ready to be served, serve hot and enjoy the treat.
- 1. The salt is added while kneading because salt absorbs the water well and due to this, the dough will become soft enough.
- 2. Tofu is an amazing source of protein and also has been a source of good fats, so it is again one of the most healthiest ingredients to use.
- Serving Size - 1 dumpling
- Calories - 25 cal
- Protein - 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates - 1 g
- Sugar - 1 g
- Vegetarian Diet For Weight Gain
- Akki Rotti Recipe: Karnataka Style Akki Rotti Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe | How To Prepare Spinach Cottage Cheese Curry
- Cauliflower Oats Tikki Recipe: How To Prepare Oats Cutlet At Home
- Jowar Tomato Chilla Recipe: How To Prepare Millet Flour Tomato Chilla At Home
- Soya Vegetable Mix Recipe
- Poha Recipe: How To Prepare Avalakki At Home
- Ragi Rotti Recipe
- Aloo Matar Gravy Recipe: How To Prepare Potato Peas Gravy At Home
- Vegetables On Sugarcane Sticks Recipe
- Creamy Tomato And Spinach Pasta Recipe
- Tofu And Bok Choy Recipe
- DIY Turmeric Face Masks For Beautiful Skin