Christmas pudding is a type of pudding traditionally served as a part of the Christmas dinner. It is also called plum pudding. It is the Queen of Christmas puddings. It has to be tried and savoured said Chef Santhanam Subramanian, Pastry Chef, Radisson Blu Atria Bangalore.
Recipe By: Chef Santhanam Subramanian
Recipe Type: Dessert
Brown sugar - 1 cup
Soft butter - 3 cups
Eggs - 9 nos
Caramel colour - 5 tsp
Orange rind - 2 nos
Lemon rind - 2 nos
Nutmeg powder - 1 tsp
Mix spice powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Flour - ½ cups
Raisins - 100 gm
Sultana - 100 gm
Plum - 100 gm
Mixed nuts - 100 gm
Dark rum - 1 cup
Bread crumbs - 1 ½ cups
Soak all dry fruits in water.
Take a small bowl and put all the soaked dry fruits.
Now add rum into it.
Peel the soaked dry fruits in rum.
Take a large bowl.
Put cream butter with sugar in it.
Add eggs one by one into it.
Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Add cream butter into it.
Mix them all.
Now, pre heat the oven to 180°C.
Take a cake mould.
Grease it with butter.
Sprinkle some flour over the greased mould.
Pour the batter into the mould.
Bake the pudding in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
Use double boiling system while baking the pudding in the oven.
Test the pudding to check if it has been baked properly. Insert a toothpick into the centre of the pudding; if it comes out clean, then it is baked and if not, then cook it again for a few minutes.
Take out the pudding from the oven.
Put vanilla or rum sauce over the cake when it is warm.
Serve the cake when it is warm.
- Soak all dry fruits in water for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Serving size - 433 g
- Calories - 1836
- Fat - 53 g
- Protein - 25 g
- Carbohydrates - 331 g
- Sugar - 125 g
- Fibre - 17 g
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception