- 12 min ago Viral Infections May Promote Alzheimer's Like Diseases: Study
- 25 min ago Hum Do Hamare Do Promotions: Kriti Sanon’s Aqua Gown Is What You Can Bookmark For Tropical Holidays
- 1 hr ago Sara Ali Khan And Janhvi Kapoor Doll Up In Party Dresses For Ranveer Singh’s Show, The Big Picture
- 2 hrs ago IMF Chief Economist Gita Gopinath To Quit Job, Plans To Return To Harvard University
- News India has a protective shield of 100 crore vaccine doses: PM Modi
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Big shame that we don't have Stokes, Archer for tournament, says Roy
- Movies Bigg Boss 15: Karan Kundrra Says He Never Did Any Work At Home But Is Now Cleaning Toilets In The BB House
- Finance This Small-Cap IT Company To Consider Interim Dividend On October 26
- Technology Moto G51 5G Key Features Leaked Online; 50MP Triple Camera, FHD+ Display In Tow
- Education Kerala TET Result Released For May 2021 Session
- Travel Top Wedding Destinations In India
- Automobiles Mahindra XUV700 Crosses 65000 Bookings In Just Two Weeks
A South American fast food dish, Bunny Chow is gaining immense popularity in the Indian kitchen. A bread loaf filled with curries, sounds interesting, looks interesting and surely is worth a try.
Bunny Chow is loved by Indians in Durban (its place of origin) and now is being included by many Indian restaurants too. Here is our version of the Chicken Bunny Chow. It can be made in Mutton and bean variants as well.
Recipe By: Chef Noah Barnes
Recipe Type: Snacks
Oil - 5 tbsp
Finely chopped onions - 4 large
Finely chopped garlic - 1 pod
Finely chopped green chillies - 3
Ground fennel - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Ground cumin - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Ground garam masala - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Ground coriander - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Ground cinnamon - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
Potatoes halved - 2 medium
Tomato puree - 7-8
Chicken with bone - 800 g
Unsliced whole loaves of bread - 2
Salt to taste
- In a non-stick pan, heat oil. Add finely chopped garlic and sauté it. Simmer the stove and let the garlic turn brown.
- Once the garlic starts turning brown, add finely chopped onions and cook them till they turn golden brown. The beautiful aroma of the onions and garlic being sautéed together will surely fill in your kitchen.
- Now, add the finely chopped green chillies and continue to sauté it.
- Further, start adding the powdered spices. Add turmeric, followed by fennel, cumin and all the other powdered spices.
- Once all the spices have been added, let it fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep on stirring it continuously, to avoid it from sticking to the pan. Once the aroma of the cooked spices is felt, add the halved potatoes.
- Mix the potatoes well with the spices. Let it cook on low flame, so that the spices are soaked in by the potatoes as they cook.
- Now, add the tomato puree and cook till the tomatoes start leaving oil.
- Once the tomatoes leave oil, showing that it is cooked, add the meat and sauté it for a few minutes.
- Add some water for the spices and meat to cook. Let it simmer slowly on low heat.
- Add the salt. Mix well, cover it and let it cook for about half an hour to forty minutes till the meat becomes tender.
- Cut the fresh white bread loaves into halves or quarters for smaller portions and hollow out the center, keeping the spare bread to one side.
- Fill the hollowed out bread with the hot chicken curry with the gravy, so that the bread soaks it all up.
- 1. The bunny chow can be prepared as a main course recipe as well.
- Serving size - 1 bunny chow
- Calories - 454 cal
- Fat - 33 g
- Protein - 31 g
- Carbohydrates - 8 g