- 10 min ago Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh Turn Stylish Fashion Inspiration For Couples As They Match From Head-To-Toe
- 40 min ago The Wild Dog Actress Saiyami Kher Flaunts Two Stunning Outfits; Which One Will You Pick?
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Tips For A Stronger Immune System When Fasting
- 1 hr ago Ramadan 2021: Some Myths And Facts Associated That One Need To Know
- Finance Petrol & diesel rates slashed by 16 and 14 paise: Check latest rates here
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs CSK: Preview, Live Telecast, Live Streaming, TV timing, Pitch report
- Movies Why Did Geeta Basra Never Return To Acting After Marrying Harbhajan Singh?
- News AdmitNXT to revolutionise the admission process in India
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Education MPBSE MP Board Exam 2021 Postponed For Class 10, 12 Amid Covid Crisis
- Automobiles Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
Idli is a round savoury cake made from fermented black lentils and rice, which originated in Indonesia. According to food historians, the cooks employed by Hindu kings had invented steamed idlis there and later this recipe was brought back to India.
This local South Indian dish is a healthy option for weight checkers. It is a quick tummy-filling snack, which is light and healthy.
Chef Abhishek Basu feels that it is the most versatile dish which can be experimented with and can be given any kind of a twist in flavour. So, he brings to us a very innovative recipe of the beetroot and Manipur black rice idli cupcake recipe to savour. Have a look at this version of his and do try it at home.
Recipe By: Chef Abhishek Basu
Recipe Type: Snack
Urad dal (split black lentils) - ½ cup
Fenugreek (methi) seeds - 1 tbsp
Beetroot - 1½ cups
Black Manipur rice - 2 cups
Thick rice flakes (jadapoha) - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- As urad dal and fenugreek seeds are the main ingredients of this dish, so at first, take a deep-bottomed bowl and put urad dal and fenugreek seeds in it.
- Now, fill it with enough water and mix the urad dal and fenugreek seeds well.
- It is time now to let the urad dal and fenugreek seeds be soaked, so cover the deep bowl with a lid and keep the bowl aside to soak for 4 hours.
- Then, take another deep bowl and combine the rice and thick rice flakes together in it.
- As we have to repeat the same with this mixture of rice and rice flakes as well, make sure to add enough water to the mixture of rice and rice flakes and then mix it well.
- Take a lid and cover this mixture as well and keep it aside to soak for 4 hours as well.
- Take beetroot and roast it in the oven and make a puree out of the roasted beetroot.
- Wash and drain the urad dal and fenugreek seeds mixture again.
- Now blend this mixture in a mixer and make a smooth paste using approximately 1 cup of water.
- As the mixture is now ready, transfer this mixture into a deep-bottomed bowl and keep it aside.
- Now, it is time to repeat the same with the rice and rice flakes mixture.
- Blend this mixture similarly in a mixer to a slightly coarse paste using approximately 1½ cups of water.
- Now, mix both the mixtures thoroughly and post that add the beetroot puree as well.
- Now add salt to this mixture and mix it very well.
- Cover this entire mixture with a lid and keep it aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- After the fermentation is done, it is now time to mix the batter well once again and pour a spoonful of the batter into greased idli cups.
- Steam the idlis for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are cooked well.
- Repeat this procedure with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Once the idlis are ready, you can serve them hot with sambhar and some delicious coconut chutney.
- 1. Check the texture of the idli and cook accordingly, it must be soft.
- Serving Size - 1 idli
- Calories - 39 cal
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 8 g
- Dietary fibre - 2 g