- 1 hr ago How To Check Your Gas Cylinder Level With A Wet Cloth Trick
- 2 hrs ago Toxoplasma Gondii, The Most 'Successful' Parasite In The World; Can Moms Pass This To Babies?
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 16 May 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 22 hrs ago Got Thin Brittle Nails? Check Out These 8 Kitchen Ingredients That Can Help
- Movies Katrina Kaif And Vicky Kaushal DID NOT DO Anything For Paparazzi During Their Wedding, Complains Viral Bhayani
- News Mercury dips slightly in MP, respite from heatwave likely soon: IMD
- Sports IBA Women’s World Boxing Championships: Nikhat, Parveen, Anamika, and Jaismine move into quarters
- Finance LIC IPO Listing: GMP Continues To Go Down, Hinting At Subdued Listing For The Behemoth
- Technology This Algae-Powered Microprocessor System Can Replace Batteries
- Automobiles Top 10 Cars Sold In India In April 2022 - Maruti Continues To Dominate
- Travel Fun-filled Family Weekend Getaways Near Delhi
- Education CG Board Class 12th Result Out: Kunti Sao Becomes Topper With 98.20%
Idli is a round savoury cake made from fermented black lentils and rice, which originated in Indonesia. According to food historians, the cooks employed by Hindu kings had invented steamed idlis there and later this recipe was brought back to India.
This local South Indian dish is a healthy option for weight checkers. It is a quick tummy-filling snack, which is light and healthy.
Chef Abhishek Basu feels that it is the most versatile dish which can be experimented with and can be given any kind of a twist in flavour. So, he brings to us a very innovative recipe of the beetroot and Manipur black rice idli cupcake recipe to savour. Have a look at this version of his and do try it at home.
Recipe By: Chef Abhishek Basu
Recipe Type: Snack
Urad dal (split black lentils) - ½ cup
Fenugreek (methi) seeds - 1 tbsp
Beetroot - 1½ cups
Black Manipur rice - 2 cups
Thick rice flakes (jadapoha) - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- As urad dal and fenugreek seeds are the main ingredients of this dish, so at first, take a deep-bottomed bowl and put urad dal and fenugreek seeds in it.
- Now, fill it with enough water and mix the urad dal and fenugreek seeds well.
- It is time now to let the urad dal and fenugreek seeds be soaked, so cover the deep bowl with a lid and keep the bowl aside to soak for 4 hours.
- Then, take another deep bowl and combine the rice and thick rice flakes together in it.
- As we have to repeat the same with this mixture of rice and rice flakes as well, make sure to add enough water to the mixture of rice and rice flakes and then mix it well.
- Take a lid and cover this mixture as well and keep it aside to soak for 4 hours as well.
- Take beetroot and roast it in the oven and make a puree out of the roasted beetroot.
- Wash and drain the urad dal and fenugreek seeds mixture again.
- Now blend this mixture in a mixer and make a smooth paste using approximately 1 cup of water.
- As the mixture is now ready, transfer this mixture into a deep-bottomed bowl and keep it aside.
- Now, it is time to repeat the same with the rice and rice flakes mixture.
- Blend this mixture similarly in a mixer to a slightly coarse paste using approximately 1½ cups of water.
- Now, mix both the mixtures thoroughly and post that add the beetroot puree as well.
- Now add salt to this mixture and mix it very well.
- Cover this entire mixture with a lid and keep it aside to ferment in a warm place for 12 hours.
- After the fermentation is done, it is now time to mix the batter well once again and pour a spoonful of the batter into greased idli cups.
- Steam the idlis for 10 to 12 minutes or till they are cooked well.
- Repeat this procedure with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Once the idlis are ready, you can serve them hot with sambhar and some delicious coconut chutney.
- 1. Check the texture of the idli and cook accordingly, it must be soft.
- Serving Size - 1 idli
- Calories - 39 cal
- Protein - 2 g
- Carbohydrates - 8 g
- Dietary fibre - 2 g
- Crispy Pakora Recipe: How To Prepare Black Chickpeas And Beetroot Pakoras
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe For Pregnant Women: How To Prepare Beetroot And Sesame Chapati
- Nutritional And Kid-Friendly Beetroot Paratha Recipe For Breakfast
- 15 Interesting Health Benefits Of Beetroot
- 11 Foods That Help Manage Piles (Haemorrhoids)
- How To Make ABC Detox Drink
- Beetroot Face Packs That Can Nourish Your Skin In Minutes
- Top 12 Foods That Are Rich In Folate
- Beetroot And Mascarpone Salad Recipe: Beet Salad With Mascarpone
- Know How Beetroot Helps Reduce Soreness After Intense Exercises
- Try This Scientifically Proven Beetroot Remedy For Weight Loss
- How To Flush Your Lymph System?