- 4 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 17 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 15 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 16 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- News Kashmir cops bust terrorist hideout, recover arms and ammunition
- Finance Mahanagar Gas Cuts PNG And CNG Prices, On Higher Supply From Govt
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Blames Aditya Chopra For Recent YRF Flops; 'He Needs To Empower People, Not Dictate Them'
- Sports Emma Raducanu bests Serena Williams in opening round of the Western & Southern Open
- Technology Here’s How Hackers Are Exploiting New Vulnerabilities Within Minutes
- Education IIM Bangalore's NSRCEL partners with Alstom to launch the Incubation Program to support startups
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Ragi adds to the richness of these yummy cookies. This recipe is eggless and hence, perfect for all you vegetarians out there. Eggless, yet delicious, Barley Ragi Chocolate Butter Cookies are perfect, tasty treats for a kiddie birthday party. Get your kids to cook along with you and make these delicious treats today. Enjoy!
Recipe By: Donna George
Recipe Type: Cookies
Barley flour - ¾ cup
Finger millet/Ragi flour [preferably sprouted ragi flour] - ¾ cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder [add 1-2 tablespoons extra if you like it more chocolatey] - ½ cup
Organic cane sugar [you can simply use powdered white sugar in case you don't have cane sugar] [increase quantity of sugar to 1 cup if you like it sweeter] - ¾ cup
Baking soda - ½ tsp
Salted butter [softened] - 150g
- Sieve together cocoa powder, the flours and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another deep mixing bowl, add the softened butter and sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light, creamy and slightly fluffy. [You can either use a balloon whisk or an electric beater to do the same.]
- Slowly add the dry and sieved ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix gently with a rubber spatula, a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Mix until all the ingredients come together into a soft dough. [If you find the dough too dry, you can either add 5 to 6 tablespoons of milk or a little more butter to get the right consistency. I prefer adding butter because I feel the texture of the cookie is better without the addition of milk.]
- Transfer the prepared dough to a Ziploc bag or any airtight container. Refrigerate it for ½ hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line and grease a baking sheet.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator and shape it into cookies. [I got approximately 20 medium sized cookies with the above quantity.]
- Place the prepared cookies on the baking sheet.
- Make sure you place the cookies 2 inches apart from each other. They spread out while baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- You may find the cookies are still soft at this time. Do not worry. They harden as they cool down.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container or jar once cooled to room temperature.
- Make sure you don't bake for more than 12 minutes because chocolate cookies tend to burn quickly.
- Calories - 206
- Fat - 11g
- Protein - 1g
- Carbohydrates - 27g
- Sugar - 0g
- Dietary Fibre - 0g
- Barley Tea: Health Benefits, Side Effects And How To Prepare
- 25 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Tips On How To Get Rid Of Plaque In The Arteries And Veins Naturally
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Barley
- Make Your Own Scotch Whisky
- Instant Ragi Recipe: How To Prepare Sweet Ragi Malt
- Healthy Breakfast For Diabetic Moms: How To Prepare Drumstick Leaves Ragi Chapati
- Are Millets Good For People With Diabetes?
- Ragi Ka Halwa Recipe For Dessert
- Ragi Rotti Recipe
- Buckwheat Dhokla Recipe: How To Prepare Buckwheat Dhokla At Home
- Halbai Recipe: How To Make Karnataka-style Halwa