- Technology Flipkart Moto - Lenovo Days: Offers on Moto E6s, Motorola One Action, Lenovo K10 Note and More
- News Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 LIVE: Voting for 4th phase today; 2 ministers' fate to be decided
- Sports Arsenal 0-3 Manchester City: Peerless De Bruyne inspires emphatic victory
- Movies Mohanlal-Prithviraj Duo's Empuraan: Here's An Interesting Update!
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Ragi adds to the richness of these yummy cookies. This recipe is eggless and hence, perfect for all you vegetarians out there. Eggless, yet delicious, Barley Ragi Chocolate Butter Cookies are perfect, tasty treats for a kiddie birthday party. Get your kids to cook along with you and make these delicious treats today. Enjoy!
Recipe By: Donna George
Recipe Type: Cookies
Barley flour - ¾ cup
Finger millet/Ragi flour [preferably sprouted ragi flour] - ¾ cup
Unsweetened cocoa powder [add 1-2 tablespoons extra if you like it more chocolatey] - ½ cup
Organic cane sugar [you can simply use powdered white sugar in case you don't have cane sugar] [increase quantity of sugar to 1 cup if you like it sweeter] - ¾ cup
Baking soda - ½ tsp
Salted butter [softened] - 150g
- Sieve together cocoa powder, the flours and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another deep mixing bowl, add the softened butter and sugar.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light, creamy and slightly fluffy. [You can either use a balloon whisk or an electric beater to do the same.]
- Slowly add the dry and sieved ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix gently with a rubber spatula, a wooden spoon or your hands.
- Mix until all the ingredients come together into a soft dough. [If you find the dough too dry, you can either add 5 to 6 tablespoons of milk or a little more butter to get the right consistency. I prefer adding butter because I feel the texture of the cookie is better without the addition of milk.]
- Transfer the prepared dough to a Ziploc bag or any airtight container. Refrigerate it for ½ hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Line and grease a baking sheet.
- Take out the dough from the refrigerator and shape it into cookies. [I got approximately 20 medium sized cookies with the above quantity.]
- Place the prepared cookies on the baking sheet.
- Make sure you place the cookies 2 inches apart from each other. They spread out while baking.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- You may find the cookies are still soft at this time. Do not worry. They harden as they cool down.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container or jar once cooled to room temperature.
- Make sure you don't bake for more than 12 minutes because chocolate cookies tend to burn quickly.
- Calories - 206
- Fat - 11g
- Protein - 1g
- Carbohydrates - 27g
- Sugar - 0g
- Dietary Fibre - 0g